We are creating a safe, non-judgmental space where healing can begin. This is an open group where women connect with others who have had similar experiences. If you or someone you know has been impacted by domestic, physical or sexual violence, this space is for you. For more information call or text 616-970-9356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Last Letter
Home Alone 19
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Last Letter: Home Alone 19”
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock”
»Invitation #1—Jesus’ invitation.
• Ralph Carmichael: “The Savior is waiting to enter your heart—why don’t you let Him come in? There’s nothing in this world to keep you apart—what is your answer to Him?”
• Proverbs 23:26—”My child, give Me your .”
• John 14:23—”‘Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our with them.’”
• John 14:17—”‘The Spirit of Truth with you and will be in you.’”
• Ellen White: “That heart is the happiest that has Christ as an abiding . . . . Let us acknowledge Him as our Friend and Saviour.” (My Life Today 157)
»Invitation #2—Jesus’ invitation.
• Mark 13:26, 29 NASB: “‘Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. . . . Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the .’”
• Revelation 22:12, 20: “‘Look! I am coming !’ . . . He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming ‘“
• 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3): “For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, ‘Peace and safety,’ destruction will come on them , as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not [GK: no not] escape.”
• Ellen White: “At this time the Laodicean message is to be given, to arouse a slumbering church. Let the thought of the of time stimulate you to earnest, untiring effort. Remember that Satan has come down with great power, to work with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish.” (Selected Messages 1:196)
»Invitation #3—Jesus’ invitation.
• Jesus isn’t even the church—He’s standing on the !
• Ellen White: “The Holy Spirit waits to soften and subdue hearts; but they are not willing to open the door and let the Saviour in, for fear that He will require something of them. And so Jesus of Nazareth passes by. He longs to bestow on them the rich blessings of His grace, but they refuse to accept them. What a terrible thing it is to exclude Christ from His own temple! What a to the church!” (Testimonies to the Church 6:262)
• Song of Solomon: “[She speaks] I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking: ‘[He speaks] Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.’ [She] I have taken off my robe—must I put it on again? I have washed my feet—must I soil them again? My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening; my heart began to pound for him. I arose to open for my lover . . .” (Song of Solomon 5:2-5).
• Sigve Tonstad: “. . . to this thoroughly unlikeable community, Jesus propositions a privilege so amazing that I don’t dare repeat it (3:20-21).”
"Come in, Jesus"
There are no fellowship dinners for the remainder of June.
Student Visits would like to invite all Juniors and Seniors to come and be a part of Summer Preview, July 9 & 10.
Meet with two academic departments of your choice, catch a South Bend Cubs baseball game, chat with our students, and have a picnic on the beach at Lake Michigan.
The All Nations Seventh-Day Adventist Church is having a fundraiser breakfast on Father's Day, June 18. Come and enjoy a scrumptious pancake breakfast with the entire family. This event is to help raise money for our pathfinders to attend the International Camporee in Gillette, Wyoming, and for our church budget. Advance tickets are being sold.
Prices are as follows:
- Adults: $8
- Children 5-12: $5
- Children under 5: free
Payments can be made via:
- Paypal: paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=A86UW2TDJQBVG
- Adventist Giving: adventistgiving.org/donate
For Adventist Giving, you can use your login or give as a guest. Please make the payment to Berrien Springs SDA Church. Tickets can be picked up at All Nations. Our address is 4259 E. Snow Rd, Berrien Springs, MI 49103. Please make advanced arrangements by calling 269-473-4400 or by emailing email@example.com.
NAD Women's Ministries
Women are specifically designed by God to meet the needs of other women. Women’s Ministries is the best way to connect the church with unchurched women in your community and introduce them to Jesus Christ.
Across the North American Division, from the United States to Canada and from Bermuda to Guam-Micronesia, the women of the church are engaged in serving others. They give Bible studies, hold evangelistic series, and minister to those in shelters for battered and homeless women. They provide for the needs of families seeking refuge on our shores from oppressive regimes, teach English as a second language classes, tutor school children, and make bags of love for children who are displaced from their homes or their parents. The women of the church are making a significant difference in their communities and their congregations.
COVID didn’t slow down ministry, it just moved it online. Local, Conference, Union, and Division women’s ministries offered online and live webinars, retreats, and seminars. Zoom became the place to get together to talk, study, discuss books, and pray together.
Established in 1898 at the urging of Ellen White, the Women’s Ministries Offering funds evangelistic outreach events and leadership training for women across the North American Division. These women partner with God in service through ministries that seek to encourage, equip, and challenge girls, teens, young adults, and women to grow deeply in God and serve Him uniquely with their gifts and talents.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
Matthew 24:14 presents almost unbelievable problems, but Pastor Laurence Burn of Adventist Frontier Missions has a potential solution which he will present to ASM attendees on Sunday, June 11. Come with your food and friends who are at least 55 years old, to the Village SDA Church Fellowship Hall at 1:00 PM for fellowship, potluck, and perhaps an exciting answer to these age-old problems!
We will also be treated to a vocal solo or two by Trudean Scott-Elliott, from Jamaica, who is now a dormitory dean at Andrews University. Doug and Carol Macomber got acquainted with her last year at campmeeting and really enjoyed her beautiful voice, so now we are privileged to hear her, too!
Nurture, interact, support and create a safe and inclusive environment for children grades 1-7. Responsibilities include managing a group of children Monday-Friday, supervising all aspects of the day, leading children through a weekly schedule and participating/teaching/assisting in all activities.
June 5-Aug 18, 2023. Various shifts available between 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday Must be at least 18 years old. Competitive pay. Lunch included! https://www.andrews.edu/admres/jobs/
You are invited to join the New England Adventist Heritage Tour. On this tour you will have the opportunity to walk the ground that the Adventist Pioneers walked, sing the songs they sang and learn what their passions were. As part of this tour, lectures will be given in which lessons from Adventist history will be applied to life today. Give yourself the chance to deepen your understanding of Adventist history and have an enjoyable time while doing so!
• Dates: July 16–23, 2023 (Sunday–Sunday)
o Students: MDiv and MAR students pay $385 in addition to their Summer Semester Tuition
o Spouses: There are 5 reduced rate spouse seats at $799, but if the number of spouses exceeds five, additional spouses will pay the full price of $1,725.
o Community members: $1,725.
• Applications Now Accepted: Applications will only be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Brochure & Application Form: See online at www.centerforadventistresearch.org/netour/.
• Courses Offered: See www.centerforadventistresearch.org/netour/.
Video about the historical tour: https://youtu.be/bklPuhasb7I
Each Sabbath morning at both 1st and 2nd services, people gather in "The Prayer Room" to pray for the church service, the participants, and the congregants, both in-house and online. We are in need of more volunteers for both services. We pray for the prayer requests submitted each week (which are anonymous). We participate in the congregational prayer and listen to the sermon on a monitor provided in The Prayer Room. If you have a heart to pray for others or are looking for more information, please contact Deb Montcalm at email@example.com.
Neighbor To Neighbor, Adventist Community Service Center is looking for an Adventist Administrator. Must be caring, flexible and have great communication skills with management and public relations experience. Must have an associate or bachelor degree. Duties include management of the Thrift Store, volunteers and facilities supervision. A full time position with benefits. If interested, have questions or want to submit a resume contact: firstname.lastname@example.org