Current Job Openings
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, RECEPTIONIST
The Pioneer Memorial Church is seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant/Receptionist. Interested candidates should submit their resumé and complete the Job Application below.
To qualify, candidates should be:
- A member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in good standing and a member (or be willing to transfer to) the Pioneer Memorial Church.
- Proficient in English with an ability to compose and accurately edit.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, Desktop Publishing and Arena database software, (or a similar large database software).
- Experienced, with a minimum of five years of related administrative responsibility. Although not required, preference will be given to candidates with college-level secretarial/administrative assistant training.
- Candidates must also have a strong sense of the mission of the Seventh-day Church, and the ability to discern the needs of others, respect the need for confidentiality of the parish, display loyalty to the PMC staff, and show willingness to learn and adapt to the needs and dynamics of a proactive pastoral team.
Hours: 20 hrs. (Monday - Thursday, 1:00 - 5:00 PM, and 8:00 - 12:00 PM on Friday)
Completed PMC Application Forms will be received until the position is filled. Every applicant will be notified by mail soon after an employment decision has been made. Please do not call the PMC office to inquire about progress toward or the results of the hiring decision.
Instructions to Apply
Individuals who qualify and are interested in working as a flexible team player should:
- Personally complete, by printing with an ink pen, the PMC Application Form.
- Enclose a one-page, typed cover letter explaining why you believe you should be considered for the position.
- Mail the Application Form and supporting documents in a sealed envelope to: Pioneer Memorial Church, Attn: Personnel Committee, 8655 University Blvd., Berrien Springs, MI 49103 or drop by the church during our office hours.