Beginning on Wednesday (7PM), August 17, House of Prayer/PM will slowly climb the summit of the Bible, Romans chapter 8. It will be a simple word by word reflection. Through discussion and meditation you’re invited to recover and revisit the heart of the gospel, the heart of God. Join the conversation and prayers in the youth chapel any Wednesday you’re free.
Tales from a Vineyard
Cry Baby, Cry
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Tales from a Vineyard: Cry Baby, Cry”
»The Tale: I Kings 21
»The Truth: John 15:1-5
• Andrew Murray: “So close is the union between the vine and the branch that each is without the other, that each is wholly and only for the .” (Abide in Christ 30-31)
1.“Without the vine the branch can do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
2. “Without the branch the vine can also do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “A vine without branches can bear no fruit. No indispensable than the vine to the branch is the branch to the vine. Such is the wonderful condescension of the grace of Jesus that, just as His people are dependent on Him, He has made Himself on them. Without His disciples He cannot dispense His blessing to the world; He cannot offer sinners the grapes of the heavenly Canaan.” (Abide in Christ 30)
3. “All the vine possesses to the branches.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “. . . all [the vine] has is at the disposal of the branches. As it is the parent, so it is the servant of the branches. . . . All [Jesus’] fullness and all His riches are for you, O believer; for the vine does not live for itself, keeps nothing for itself, but exists for the branches.”
(Abide in Christ 30-31)
• Ellen White: “Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (Desire of Ages 57)
• “This promised blessing [of the Holy Spirit] brings all other blessings in its train . . . according to the riches of the grace of Christ.” (Desire of Ages 672)
4. “And all the branch possesses to the vine.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• Andrew Murray: “The branch does not exist for itself, but it exists to bear fruit that can proclaim the excellence of the vine. It has not reason for existence except to be of service to the vine. . . . As Jesus gives Himself so wholly over to the believer, the believer feels himself urged to be his Lord’s. Every power of his being, every moment of his life, every thought and feeling belong to Jesus—that from Him and for Him he may bring forth fruit.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• “Now let your answer be, ‘Amen, Lord! So be it. From eternity Christ and I were ordained for ; inseparably we belong to . It is God’s will; I shall abide in Christ.’” (Abide in Christ 47)
“All that You have is mine—
And all that I have is Yours.”
Would you like to be a blessing to someone during difficult times? Sign up to be placed on the list to donate food for funeral receptions. This is an easy way to share and such a blessing for the families. Call the church office at 269-471-3133 (Heidi Ha) with your name and phone number or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pioneer's Homebound Ministry is looking for names and contact information of people who are homebound and in need of some personalized attention. Text your information to 262-825-3632.
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.
Pioneer’s Preschool Pray & Play group provides families who are welcoming new children into their homes (by birth, adoption, foster care, etc.) with meals. You don't need to cook to help out! We're in need of people who can:
- make and deliver meals
- order take-out and deliver it
- help us identify families who are expecting new children
As we get more volunteers, we're hoping to expand this ministry to help families identify the many rich resources available to them at Pioneer and in our community. We want to be the hands of Jesus to new parents and their kids in as families grow.
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry