We will celebrate the life of long-time Pioneer member Erich Bekowies on Sunday, August 9, at 11:00 AM, in the Pioneer sanctuary. Erich and Karen were active members until they moved this winter to be closer to their children. Erich died March 22 in Surprise, Arizona. We pray the comfort of Jesus for Karen and their children Wendy Eberhardt, Michael and families. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus."
Tales from a Vineyard
Cry Baby, Cry
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Tales from a Vineyard: Cry Baby, Cry”
»The Tale: I Kings 21
»The Truth: John 15:1-5
• Andrew Murray: “So close is the union between the vine and the branch that each is without the other, that each is wholly and only for the .” (Abide in Christ 30-31)
1.“Without the vine the branch can do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
2. “Without the branch the vine can also do .” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “A vine without branches can bear no fruit. No indispensable than the vine to the branch is the branch to the vine. Such is the wonderful condescension of the grace of Jesus that, just as His people are dependent on Him, He has made Himself on them. Without His disciples He cannot dispense His blessing to the world; He cannot offer sinners the grapes of the heavenly Canaan.” (Abide in Christ 30)
3. “All the vine possesses to the branches.” (Abide in Christ 30)
• Andrew Murray: “. . . all [the vine] has is at the disposal of the branches. As it is the parent, so it is the servant of the branches. . . . All [Jesus’] fullness and all His riches are for you, O believer; for the vine does not live for itself, keeps nothing for itself, but exists for the branches.”
(Abide in Christ 30-31)
• Ellen White: “Having undertaken our redemption, He will spare nothing, however dear, which is necessary to the completion of His work. No truth essential to our salvation is withheld, no miracle of mercy is neglected, no divine agency is left unemployed. Favor is heaped upon favor, gift upon gift. The whole of heaven is open to those He seeks to save.” (Desire of Ages 57)
• “This promised blessing [of the Holy Spirit] brings all other blessings in its train . . . according to the riches of the grace of Christ.” (Desire of Ages 672)
4. “And all the branch possesses to the vine.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• Andrew Murray: “The branch does not exist for itself, but it exists to bear fruit that can proclaim the excellence of the vine. It has not reason for existence except to be of service to the vine. . . . As Jesus gives Himself so wholly over to the believer, the believer feels himself urged to be his Lord’s. Every power of his being, every moment of his life, every thought and feeling belong to Jesus—that from Him and for Him he may bring forth fruit.” (Abide in Christ 31)
• “Now let your answer be, ‘Amen, Lord! So be it. From eternity Christ and I were ordained for ; inseparably we belong to . It is God’s will; I shall abide in Christ.’” (Abide in Christ 47)
“All that You have is mine—
And all that I have is Yours.”
Come join Neighbor to Neighbor and our community as they celebrate their new addition.
August 16, 2:00 PM
Location: 9147 US 31, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
Parents, teachers, school board, and community members are invited to join us at Ruth Murdoch Elementary School for our Annual Cleaning/Work Bee on August 9. Let's bring the school community together to enhance the RMES campus and ensure a safe, healthy, happy and welcoming learning environment for our students. Your participation will make a huge difference and will be greatly appreciated. Please remember to bring your mask.
August 9, 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Location: Ruth Murodch Elementary School
Do you have the heart to serve the "least of these?" One of our Pioneer ministries provides a simple church service to those in the Juvenile Detention Center in Berrien Center. Saturday evenings at 6:00 PM we host an interactive Bible study and sing songs with the young people there. For more information and to get involved contact Rodlie Ortiz at email@example.com or call 269-471-6154.
We are inviting all youth to come out to Lake Chapin every Tuesday night from June 30 - August 11 at 6:00 PM to join us for Sun, Fun, and Faith! We will have boating, fun, and worship. Masks are encouraged and attendees are asked to remember social distancing. The Youth Department is asking for anyone with a boat who can bring it to out to Lake Chapin on Tuesday nights to contact Brooke Scott at 269-932-5783 via text or call.
Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."