Charmed into Righteousness
The Greatest Forgiver
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“Charmed into Righteousness: The Greatest Forgiver”
- The Stunning Promises
- Isaiah 43:25—“‘I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins .’”
- Isaiah 38:17—“You have put all my sins .”
- Isaiah 44:22—“‘I have swept away your offenses like a , your sins like the .’”
- Jeremiah 31:34—“‘For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins .’”
- Micah 7:18, 19—“Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl our iniquities into the .”
- 1 John 1:9—“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to us our sins and us from all unrighteousness.”
- Isaiah 1:18—“‘Come now, let us settle the matter,’ says the Lord. ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as ; though they are red as crimson, they shall be as .’”
- Hebrews 10:17/8:12—“‘Their sins and lawless acts I will remember .’”
- The Stunning Proof
- Psalm 51:1-2
- 1 Kings 14:8—“‘. . . but you [Jeroboam] have not been like my servant David, who  kept my and  followed me with his heart,  doing what was right in my eyes.’”
- Steps to Christ: “If you give yourself to [Jesus], and accept Him as your Saviour, then, sinful as your life may have been, for His sake you are accounted righteous. Christ’s character stands in place of your character, and you are accepted before God just as if .”
- The Stunning Prayer
- C. S. Lewis: “We must lay before Him what is in us, not what to be in us. . . . The prayer preceding all prayers is ‘May it be the real who speaks. May it be the real that I speak to.” (Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer 22, 82)
- What if—in the light of this breath-taking portrait of God—we made the choice right now to practice spiritual and emotional when we are alone with God in prayer?
- Philip Yancey: “Unless I level with God . . . that relationship [with Him] will go nowhere. I may continue going to church, singing hymns and praise choruses, even addressing God politely in formal prayers, but I will never break through the intimacy barrier. . . . We must trust God with what God already .” (Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? 42)
- Luke 23:34—“Father, forgive them—for they do not know what they are doing.”
- Desire of Ages: “That prayer of Christ for His enemies embraced the world. It took in every sinner that had lived or should live, from the beginning of the world to the end of time. Upon all rests the guilt of crucifying the Son of God. To , forgiveness is freely offered. ‘Whosoever will’ may have peace with God, and inherit eternal life.” (745)
“No better time than Now”
Are you friendly and do you enjoy social media? Then, we have a great opportunity for you to be involved in ministry. Through streaming its services on Facebook Live and our website, Pioneer Memorial Church reaches thousands of people every single week. We’re looking to build a new team of local moderators/hosts for our online chat experiences. You could do this from your home. For more information contact Rodlie Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the summer and fall of 2019 Pioneer underwent significant physical renovation—including a new roof and a major Sanctuary makeover. During the same time congregation leaders engaged in multiple conversations about our missional renovation—how does a faith community like Pioneer seriously engage and impact the people around us for Christ? From this dialogue emerged a fresh new expression of our Pioneer mission: "Love on the Move."