Our delivery date is Sunday, May 28. We still need people willing to help assemble the beds in the homes of recipient families on May 28. Even if you don't have a large vehicle, you can help a team who does! Please let us know you can help by texting BEDS to 269-281-2345 to register or go to pmchurch.org/beds to check out the schedule and sign up.
The Heart Series
King of Hearts: Can You Feel the Love?
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
"King of Hearts: Can You Feel the Love?"
- King of Hearts
- Romans 15:30—"I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me."
- R. A. Torrey—"It is of the highest importance from a practical standpoint that we know the Holy Spirit as a . To think of the Spirit as merely an influence or power, then your thought will constantly be, 'How can I get hold of the Holy Spirit and use it? How can I get more of the ?’ But if you think of Him in the biblical way, as a Person of divine majesty and glory, your thought will be, 'How can the Holy Spirit get hold of me and use me? How can the Holy Spirit get more of ?’" (R. A. Torrey on the Holy Spirit: A 30-day Devotional Treasury Day 1)
- Can you believe that—the majestic, glorious Being and Person we think of as the Third Person of the Godhead you and me!
- Paul’s stunning portrayal of Trinity love:
- Romans 5:5—the love of
- Romans 5:8—the love of God the
- Romans 8:35—the love of God the
- Romans 8:38-39—the love of God the and God the
- Romans 15:30—the love of God the
- R. A. Torrey: "But had it not been for the love of the Holy Spirit to me, leading Him to come down to this world in obedience to the Father and the Son, to seek me out in my lost condition, following me day after day, and week after week, and month after month, following me when I would not listen to Him, when I deliberately turned my back upon Him, when I insulted Him, following me into places where it must have been agony for that Holy One to go, until at last He succeeded in bringing me to my senses and bringing me to realize my utterly lost condition, and revealing the Lord Jesus to me as just the Savior whom I needed, and induced me and enabled me to receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior and Lord; if it had not been for this patient, long-suffering, never-wearying love of the Spirit of God to me, I would be a lost man today." (R. A. Torrey on the Holy Spirit: A 30-day Devotional Treasury Day 3)
- Can You Feel the Love?
- Romans 13:10 The New Testament David Bentley Hart: " does not work evil against the neighbor; hence is the full totality of the Law."
- Ellen White: "If we would humble ourselves before God, and be kind and courteous and tenderhearted and pitiful, there would be conversions to the truth where now there is only one." (Testimonies to the Church 9:189)
- Bob Goff: "The world can make you think that love can be picked up at a garage sale or enveloped in a Hallmark card. But the kind of love God created and demonstrated is a costly one because it involves sacrifice and presence. It’s a love that operates more like a sign language than being spoken outright. What I learned from Randy about the brand of love Jesus offers is that it’s more about presence than undertaking a project. It’s a brand of love that doesn’t just think about good things, or agree with them, or talk about them. What I learned from Randy reinforced the simple truth that continues to weave itself into the tapestry of every great story: Love does." (Love Does 9)
Update #6 for Renovate 2.0 (05/24/2023) The Project: It’s nearly done! Essentially, the only major piece of the Renovate 2.0 left to complete is the arrival and installation of the elevator itself. After the installation is the final finishing painting and flooring and its ready for use!!! Fundraising: As of 05/24/2023, there is $657,017.00 that’s been raised with $342,983.00 left to go. We are making wonderful progress. Thank You! Please remember Renovate 2.0 in your giving plans and pray for its success!
Michigan Advance Partners
For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light. Psa. 36:9 At the First Flint church we are blessed with wonderful facilities to reach out to the community and provide a place to gather for worship of our Creator. When our new pastor and his family arrived, we were excited to have them join our church family. In our eagerness, we asked him what he thought of our facilities. His answer surprised us. He said, “it just seems a little dark in the sanctuary.”
The pastor was right! It was dark, even to the point of making it difficult to read our Bibles. But we had gotten accustomed to the darkness and hadn’t realized how much we needed to bring more light into the sanctuary. So, we began getting bids to redo all the lights for the sanctuary, fellowship hall, Sabbath school rooms, hallways, youth chapel, baptistry, and community service center. The best bid came to $22,000. This represented quite a large sum for a church that was still recovering, like many, from the challenges of attending members created by Covid.
We had previously received funding from Michigan Advance Partners for our parking lot, so to start the project rolling, once again we requested assistance for the lights.
Now, with the wonderful support of MAP, we have brand new LED lights throughout our entire church and community services center. Thank you for your kind contributions to MAP that help us to be blessed with physical light, so we can bring the spiritual Light to our community. North American Division Stewardship Ministries
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
Nurture, interact, support and create a safe and inclusive environment for children grades 1-7. Responsibilities include managing a group of children Monday-Friday, supervising all aspects of the day, leading children through a weekly schedule and participating/teaching/assisting in all activities.
June 5-Aug 18, 2023. Various shifts available between 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday Must be at least 18 years old. Competitive pay. Lunch included! https://www.andrews.edu/admres/jobs/
You are invited to join the New England Adventist Heritage Tour. On this tour you will have the opportunity to walk the ground that the Adventist Pioneers walked, sing the songs they sang and learn what their passions were. As part of this tour, lectures will be given in which lessons from Adventist history will be applied to life today. Give yourself the chance to deepen your understanding of Adventist history and have an enjoyable time while doing so!
• Dates: July 16–23, 2023 (Sunday–Sunday)
o Students: MDiv and MAR students pay $385 in addition to their Summer Semester Tuition
o Spouses: There are 5 reduced rate spouse seats at $799, but if the number of spouses exceeds five, additional spouses will pay the full price of $1,725.
o Community members: $1,725.
• Applications Now Accepted: Applications will only be accepted via email at email@example.com.
• Brochure & Application Form: See online at www.centerforadventistresearch.org/netour/.
• Courses Offered: See www.centerforadventistresearch.org/netour/.
Video about the historical tour: https://youtu.be/bklPuhasb7I
Registration is open now and forms are due by May 30 for the Andrews University Summer Camp! Our camp is 10 weeks of Bible-based educational summer adventures for children entering grades 1–7 (June 12 – August 18), is held exclusively on the Andrews University campus and features Vacation Bible School-style programming and field trips. Each week of camp highlights a different theme and Bible adventure. https://www.andrews.edu/services/crayonbox/summercamp/
We are blessed to have 34 students graduating from 8th Grade on Thursday, June 1 at Pioneer Memorial Church.
Congratulations, Andrews Academy seniors! May the same Lord who got you here lead you into the uncharted adventure ahead! “I am with you always,” is His promise. Everyone is invited to attend graduation weekend events. Class Night May 25, 7 PM @ Andrews Academy, Consecration May 26, 8 PM @ Village SDA Church, Baccalaureate May 27, 11:45 AM @ PMC, Commencement May 28, 11AM @ PMC.
Each Sabbath morning at both 1st and 2nd services, people gather in "The Prayer Room" to pray for the church service, the participants, and the congregants, both in-house and online. We are in need of more volunteers for both services. We pray for the prayer requests submitted each week (which are anonymous). We participate in the congregational prayer and listen to the sermon on a monitor provided in The Prayer Room. If you have a heart to pray for others or are looking for more information, please contact Deb Montcalm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neighbor To Neighbor, Adventist Community Service Center is looking for an Adventist Administrator. Must be caring, flexible and have great communication skills with management and public relations experience. Must have an associate or bachelor degree. Duties include management of the Thrift Store, volunteers and facilities supervision. A full time position with benefits. If interested, have questions or want to submit a resume contact: email@example.com