Beginning on Wednesday (7PM), August 17, House of Prayer/PM will slowly climb the summit of the Bible, Romans chapter 8. It will be a simple word by word reflection. Through discussion and meditation you’re invited to recover and revisit the heart of the gospel, the heart of God. Join the conversation and prayers in the youth chapel any Wednesday you’re free.
2017 Holiday Season
In the Presence of a King, Don't Ask for Small Gifts
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
"In the Presence of a King, Don’t Ask for Small Gifts"
- Gift #1
- Galatians 4:4-5
- Steps to Christ: "He who was one with God has linked Himself with the children of men by ties that are never to be broken. . . . When Christ took human nature upon Him, He bound humanity [us commoners] to Himself [the Royal] by a tie of love that can never be broken by any power save the choice of man himself." (14, 72)
- Carl Cosaert: "Adoption was a legally binding agreement that guaranteed a number of privileges: (1) the adopted son became the true son of his adoptive father; (2) the father agreed to provide all the necessities of food and clothing; (3) the adopted son could not be repudiated; (4) the adopted son could not be reduced to slavery; (5) the natural parents were never allowed to reclaim the adopted son; (6) and adoption mandated the right of inheritance." (Galatians: A Fiery Response to a Struggling Church 88)
- Gift #2
- Galatians 4:6-7
- John Witvliet: "Here are two missions, two gifts, two experiences of grace: God sent his Son, and then God sent the Spirit of his Son. The first gift arrived in Bethlehem. The second arrives deep within the souls of believers. The first Christmas gift came then and there. The second comes again and again in the here and now. Indeed, every single time anyone anywhere professes 'Jesus is Lord,' we can be grateful for the work of the Spirit (1 Cor. 12:3)." (Christianity Today December 2017 p58)
- Gregory Boyd: "My life is Christ—nothing else really matters" is essentially "My life is the Holy Spirit—nothing else really matters."
- Ellen White: "When the Spirit was poured out from on high, the church was flooded with light, but Christ was that Light; the church was filled with joy, but Christ was the subject of that joy. When the Spirit is poured upon His people in this day, Christ's name will be upon every tongue, His love will fill every soul; and when the heart embraces Jesus, it will embrace God; for all the fullness of God dwells in Christ." (Ye Shall Receive Power 332)
- Desire of Ages: "The whole treasury of heaven is open to those [the Father] seeks to save. Having collected the riches of the universe, and laid open the resources of infinite power, He gives them all into the hands of Christ, and says, All these are for man. Use these gifts to convince him that there is no love greater than Mine in earth or heaven. His greatest happiness will be found in loving Me." (57)
- Brennan Manning: "Everything has been given to us by the Father in Jesus. All we need now is to experience what we already possess." (Lion and Lamb 154)
- Every new morning—ask for Him: "Baptize me today, Lord Jesus, that I might be filled with Your Spirit. AMEN."
When you get the One, you get them Both.
Would you like to be a blessing to someone during difficult times? Sign up to be placed on the list to donate food for funeral receptions. This is an easy way to share and such a blessing for the families. Call the church office at 269-471-3133 (Heidi Ha) with your name and phone number or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pioneer's Homebound Ministry is looking for names and contact information of people who are homebound and in need of some personalized attention. Text your information to 262-825-3632.
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.
Pioneer’s Preschool Pray & Play group provides families who are welcoming new children into their homes (by birth, adoption, foster care, etc.) with meals. You don't need to cook to help out! We're in need of people who can:
- make and deliver meals
- order take-out and deliver it
- help us identify families who are expecting new children
As we get more volunteers, we're hoping to expand this ministry to help families identify the many rich resources available to them at Pioneer and in our community. We want to be the hands of Jesus to new parents and their kids in as families grow.
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry