Beginning on Wednesday (7PM), August 17, House of Prayer/PM will slowly climb the summit of the Bible, Romans chapter 8. It will be a simple word by word reflection. Through discussion and meditation you’re invited to recover and revisit the heart of the gospel, the heart of God. Join the conversation and prayers in the youth chapel any Wednesday you’re free.
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
- A fishing story
- Matthew 13:47-51
- The Big Fisherman to the little fishermen: “You must learn this lesson: you do the —I do the .”
- Three points
- Point #1—When the Gospel Net is let down it catches all of fish.
- Point #2—The fish (people) get separated at the the world.
- Point #3—The ones who do the sorting at the end of the world (in the Great Judgement) are the , not the .
- “Don’t be afraid—from now on you will fish for .” (Luke 5:10)
- Three anxiety relievers
- Anxiety Reliever #1—I don’t have to decide who gets “netted” for .
- Anxiety Reliever #2—I don’t have to decide who gets “netted” for .
- Anxiety Reliever #3—Because I don’t have to do the —all I need to do is the .
Jim Cymbala: “Christians often hesitate to reach out to those who are . They want God to clean the fish before they catch them. If someone’s gold ring is attached to an unusual body part, if the person doesn’t smell the best, or if the skin color is not the same, Christians tend to hesitate. But think for a moment about God reaching out to us. If ever there was a “reach,” that was it: the holy, pure Deity extending himself to us who were soiled, evil-hearted, unholy. God could have said, ‘You’re so different from me, so distasteful, I would really rather not get too close to you.’ But he didn’t say that. It was our very that drew his hand of love.” (Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire: What Happens When God’s Spirit Invades the Hearts of His People 141)
- Ellen White: “[Christ] has not committed to us the work of judging character and motive. He knows our nature too well to entrust this work to us. Should we try to uproot from the church those whom we suppose to be spurious Christians, we should be sure to make mistakes. Often we regard as hopeless subjects the very ones whom Christ is drawing to Himself.” (Christ’s Object Lessons 71)
- How to fish for people
- Ask God at the beginning of every day to lead you to someone who needs what can offer.
- Ask God to help you make an to someone.
- “The Big Day” (September)
- “Unlocking Revelation (October)
- “God’s Boot Camp” (October)
- Ask God every morning to be at work in the lives of people you know who need Jesus.
- A story: “This is the smell of the world I died for.”
We do the fishing—He does the sorting
Would you like to be a blessing to someone during difficult times? Sign up to be placed on the list to donate food for funeral receptions. This is an easy way to share and such a blessing for the families. Call the church office at 269-471-3133 (Heidi Ha) with your name and phone number or email them to email@example.com.
Pioneer's Homebound Ministry is looking for names and contact information of people who are homebound and in need of some personalized attention. Text your information to 262-825-3632.
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.
Pioneer’s Preschool Pray & Play group provides families who are welcoming new children into their homes (by birth, adoption, foster care, etc.) with meals. You don't need to cook to help out! We're in need of people who can:
- make and deliver meals
- order take-out and deliver it
- help us identify families who are expecting new children
As we get more volunteers, we're hoping to expand this ministry to help families identify the many rich resources available to them at Pioneer and in our community. We want to be the hands of Jesus to new parents and their kids in as families grow.
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry