There will be a fellowship dinner this Sabbath, February 11, following the second worship service in the Commons on the lower level. Visitors are always welcome.
Three Angels, One Warning
Three Angels, One Warning: Global Confusion
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
Three Angels, One Warning: Global Confusion”
THE FINAL GENERATION—Revelation 14:12
Dylan Grice: “The 99% blame the 1%, the 1% blame the 47%, the private sector blames the public sector, the public sector returns the sentiment . . . the young blame the old, everyone blame [sic] the rich . . .” (in John Mauldin’s “Out of the Box” 10-26-12)
Arthur Schlesinger: “What makes the current situation worse today is that the world faces a spreading recession that will intensify every grievance, every antagonism, every hatred. As good times ease entry into full membership in a national community, so hard times sharpen animosity and conflict. Unemployment, especially among the young, poisons human and social relationships. People who can’t find jobs look around for some other to blame—the blacks or the Jews or the immigrants. If the U.S. goes into depression, it will not be a melting pot. It will be a boiling pot.” (Wall Street Journal 12/11/91)
The Great Controversy: “Those who honor the law of God have been accused of bringing judgments upon the world, and they will be regarded as the cause of the fearful convulsions of nature and the strife and bloodshed among men that are filling the earth with woe.” (614)
□ ID Marker #1—Radical to the End
- The Greek word for “endurance” is hupomone—“ under.”
- Hebrews 12:1-3—Jesus the cross.
- Hebrews 10:36, 37
- Jesus: “He/she who endures to the end will be saved” (Matthew 24:13).
□ ID Marker #2—Radical to God
- “Here are those who keep the of God.”
- Jesus—Matthew 19:18, 19—“the commandments of God” are the (see also Matthew 15:3, 4).
- Paul—Romans 7:12, 7—“the commandments of God” are the .
- John T. Anderson: “There can be no question that the ‘commandments of God’ that the saints keep at the close of earth’s history are indeed the , God’s holy law, the Decalogue spoken from Sinai and committed to writing by God’s own finger.” (Three Angels, One Truth 297)
John T. Anderson: “This divine reminder [of the seventh-day Sabbath in the Fourth Commandment] has been
under attack from the very beginning, for Satan saw how great a the Sabbath can be when faithfully observed. The devil hates the Sabbath, because  it identifies God as the Creator; because  by taking time off and spending it with Him it builds our relationship with God; because  it outlines salvation as a system of grace (we rest in His work); and because  it demonstrates God’s ability to bring His work to completion.” (123)
- “Three Angels, One Warning” that will be the battleground of earth’s endgame between Christ and Satan and that will determine on whose side you will stand.
“To obey is better than sacrifice” (1 Samuel 15:22) for is the highest form of worship.
□ ID Marker #3—Radical to Jesus
- “Here are those who hold fast to the of Jesus.”
- The “faith Jesus” describes His perfect life of unshakeable faith and trust in the Father that He lived out for me, with God gladly receiving Jesus’ victorious faith as my own.
- “Faith Jesus” describes me placing my personal faith in Jesus and His perfect sacrifice in my place, trusting H is victorious life, death and resurrection as the sole basis of my acceptance with God.
- This final ID marker makes it unequivocally clear that obedience to God and His Sabbath is not a form of legalism but is rather the fruit of passionate devotion to Jesus as both and .
□ Seven parallels between Daniel 3 and Revelation 13/14:
- #1—Babylon rules the .
- #2—The king of Babylon creates an to honor himself.
- #3—He demands of himself.
- #4—The penalty for refusal is the pain of .
- #5—All the world bows down and worships the image—all except a small .
- #6—Their reasons for refusal are the same: radical ; radical ; and radical .
#7—Blamed by Babylon, they are thrown to their death—but the Son of God is with them—and them.
“Here is a call . . .”
Are you willing to answer it?
During the month of February, Pioneer is sponsoring the collection of food for weekend meals for the children in Berrien Springs schools who are in need of assistance. The food collected will be given to Backpacks for Berrien, who will then pack the food for distribution to these children each week. There is a list of food items needed and collection bins provided where you may place your gifts of food. Let's fill these bins in the month of February.
- Depression- live presentation with Dr. Herbert Helm on February 11.
- Anxiety and Suicidal Prevention- live presentation with Tonya Fisher, FNP on February 18.
- Spiritual and Mental Health- live presentation with Dr. Anna Galeniece on February 25.
Everyone is welcome to join us in Room 141 every Sabbath from 10:30 - 11:30.
Adventist Television Ministries Evangelism
The world we’ve come to know may never return to what we once referred to as normal if for no other reason than the precious influence of Jesus’ time on earth, though it has lingered like a sweet perfume for 2,000 years, has lessened the impact on the lives of everyday people now because hearts are hardened. Nevertheless, you can make a difference in the lives of others whose hearts are still open to knowing Him by supporting Adventist Television Ministries in reaching the masses for Jesus.
One pastor recalls the day a woman came to church with her family in tow all because of a TV media ministry. Though he studied with her, she had apparently viewed our programming for so long that there was hardly anything left to tell her. What a wonderful day when she and her family were baptized. Adventist Media Ministries undergird your local ministry and make it more impactful. Breath of Life, Faith for Today, Jesus 101, and It Is Written are each designed to reach a specific audience through a unique worldview. Whether people know their Bible well or not at all, they must still be presented with the Adventist story. And yes, your offering can help reach around the corner or around the world through streaming, touching hearts and changing lives with a Christ-centered message of hope and wholeness. Please give liberally to advance our message through Adventist Television Ministries and broaden your outreach so Jesus can come and we can go home.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
This year's topic is "Blessed are the Peacemakers". The MWC is a forum for scholarly and professional dialogue, the advancement of knowledge, and the promotion of best practices in Christian worship and music. February 16-18 in the Seminary chapel. Register at andrews.edu/icwm/conference.
Ladies, make time to unwind and get lost in the RIGHT direction...Camp Au Sable in Grayling, Michigan! Let us find the joy in the journey as we make our way toward our happy place, Heaven!! Glamping (glamour camping) in style! Together we will be blessed by Tami Milligan and the great seminar line-up. Dates are April 14-16 and April 21-23 (same programs/presenters/seminars each weekend). Visit michiganwm.com to learn more. Jesus says…"I will guide you along the best path for your life." Psalm 32:7,8
Pioneer Women’s Ministries invites the PMC ladies to attend with us in a “LOVE ON THE MOVE” project as we show appreciation and support for our beloved church family members who are homebound and grieving by creating encouraging gifts and cards for them. NO MEAL WILL BE SERVED.
Location: Teen Loft
Date: Sunday, February 12
Time: 9:45 AM to 11:30 AM (Check-in at 9:15 am)
Registration: Text “CHERISH” to 269-281-2345
Andrews University is hosting the spring Red Cross Blood Drive on Wednesday, Feb. 22 at the Johnson Gym. We welcome you to sign up at https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/donation-time
ASM members and guests are invited to hear Dr. Randall Younker discuss his team's recent visit to Mt. Ararat and what they found, on February 12, at 1 PM. It's sure to be an exciting program. Bring some food and enjoy a potluck with your friends. Bring a new friend and invite them to join ASM for the remainder of the present term for only 1/2 of the annual dues.
Thanks to our exciting elevator project, Pioneer has temporarily relocated our Reception to the Lower Level Welcome Center.
You may visit the Lower Level Welcome Center by using the internal stairs via the main Awning Entrance or by using the external stairs adjacent to the Awning Entrance. Heidi Ha will continue to provide you with excellent service with key & card access, Sabbath School resources, volunteer engagement, facilities use, and much more. Contact phone numbers will remain the same—269-471-3133 and 269-471-6565.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we collaborate on the exciting and much-anticipated elevator project.