Each month one of the various denominational churches in Berrien Springs collects food to be distributed on Fridays by Backpacks for Berrien to Berrien Springs public school students who otherwise may not have much to eat over the weekend. January is PMC’s month. The food must be packaged in individual serving sizes. No cans or bottles. By the types of food we select to donate, we can even make a health statement. Here are the healthful items on the Backpacks’ food list: fruit cups, pasta, rice, beans, nuts, protein bars. Food can be brought to the church and placed in the collection box in the lobby.
Gone to the Birds
Lessons from the Divine Ornithologist - Part 1
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
"Gone to the Birds: Lessons from the Divine Ornithologist"—1
- Isaiah 40:31
- "But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
- Steps to Christ: "'God is love,' is written upon every opening bud, upon every spire of springing grass. The lovely birds making the air vocal with their happy songs . . . all testify to the tender, fatherly care of our God, and to His desire to make His children happy." (10)
- Psalm 27:13-14
- "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD!"
- Carl Jung: "Hurry is not of the devil. Hurry is the devil!" (Celebration of Discipline 13)
- Joyce Landorf God’s Waiting Room
Let me have my own way, Lord, let me have my own way.
You are the potter, (but don't forget!) I am the clay.
Now mold me and make me—if it doesn't hurt too much or cramp my style.
While I am moving, forging ahead and motor mouth still.
- God's Waiting Room—Joseph, Moses, Jesus, Paul, You
- Jim Long: "If the only way to develop patience is to go through difficulty, we'd probably just as soon skip it. Every day brings some exasperation—some need, small or great, that forces us to exercise patience [or impatience, as the case may be]. . . . We struggle with patience because we don't like the circumstances we face. Patience is difficult because things feel out of control. The timing seems wrong; the wait drags on and on."(www.christianitytoday.com/iyf/1998/sepoct/8c5010.html)
- Desire of Ages: "Christ rejoiced that He could do more for His followers than they could ask or think. . . . He knew that truth, armed with the omnipotence of the Holy Spirit, would conquer in the contest with evil; and that the bloodstained banner would wave triumphantly over His followers. He knew that the life of His trusting disciples would be like His, a series of uninterrupted victories, not seen to be such here, but recognized as such in the great hereafter." (679)
"You wait . . . I win . . . You win"
We are now accepting Community Supported Agriculture memberships for the 2019 season. Sign up to receive Certified Naturally Grown fresh vegetables and fruits delivered to your doorstep weekly. We are also taking orders for nursery plants for home gardeners. All of our plants are from Certified Organic seed and grown in Certified Organic soil. Click the link below for details. Call or text Shelli at (269) 277-3621 with questions. We look forward to providing you with high quality healthy food.
Contact: Shelli - (269) 277-3621
Come and join your church family for some fun playing games in Johnson Gym and swimming in the Beatty Pool. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
January 19, 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Location: Johnson GYM & Beaty Pool
1) Pray for the children, youth, their parents, teachers, and the leaders in the Sabbath School classes.
2) Order Rada Cutlery and Gifts—Affordable and durable. Proceeds go directly to Harbor of Hope.
3) Order Citrus Fruit for yourself and/ or a food pantry like Harbor of Hope, Neighbor to Neighbor, or God's Abundant Pantry. Just make a note of where you want it to go on your check memo line. Order it by mid-January. Proceeds also go to Harbor of Hope.
4) To help and support children and youth of Harbor of Hope contact: Terry Trecartin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 645-5684, 2601 Pixley Ave., Saint Joseph, MI 49085.
The Pioneer Media Team is looking for new audio and video technicians for its local media ministry. If you want to use your talents to have a positive impact on the world through digital evangelism and learn new things while sharpening your technical skills, email email@example.com. Volunteer teams rotate every 3rd Sabbath and are asked to volunteer for both services on their scheduled Sabbath.
Join Timeless Tours this coming June 8-21 for an adventure to the biblical lands of Jordan and Egypt. Featuring Andrews University professors Robert Bates - Archaeologist and Egyptologist, and Stefanie Elkins - Archaeologist and Art Historian. This all inclusive tour, which includes RT airfare, features visits to Jerash, Petra, the baptismal site of Jesus, the Valley of the Kings, The Great Pyramids of Giza, a hot air ballon ride, and cruise on the Nile! Cost is $4950.00 per person based on double occupancy.
Grief Share, a support group for those who are hurting or suffering the loss of a loved one, is available in January. The group meets at the Village Church on Sundays from 4:00-6:00 PM. Contact Shirley Gammon for more information or to register for the first session.
Sundays, 4:00 - 6:00 PM
Location: Village SDA Church
Contact: Shirley Gammon (989) 427-5669