If you know Mary, we invite you to help us shower her with a bouquet of cards on her July 5, 95th birthday. Send yours to: 9008 George Avenue, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
Gone to the Birds
Lessons from the Divine Ornithologist - Part 1
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
"Gone to the Birds: Lessons from the Divine Ornithologist"—1
- Isaiah 40:31
- "But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."
- Steps to Christ: "'God is love,' is written upon every opening bud, upon every spire of springing grass. The lovely birds making the air vocal with their happy songs . . . all testify to the tender, fatherly care of our God, and to His desire to make His children happy." (10)
- Psalm 27:13-14
- "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD!"
- Carl Jung: "Hurry is not of the devil. Hurry is the devil!" (Celebration of Discipline 13)
- Joyce Landorf God’s Waiting Room
Let me have my own way, Lord, let me have my own way.
You are the potter, (but don't forget!) I am the clay.
Now mold me and make me—if it doesn't hurt too much or cramp my style.
While I am moving, forging ahead and motor mouth still.
- God's Waiting Room—Joseph, Moses, Jesus, Paul, You
- Jim Long: "If the only way to develop patience is to go through difficulty, we'd probably just as soon skip it. Every day brings some exasperation—some need, small or great, that forces us to exercise patience [or impatience, as the case may be]. . . . We struggle with patience because we don't like the circumstances we face. Patience is difficult because things feel out of control. The timing seems wrong; the wait drags on and on."(www.christianitytoday.com/iyf/1998/sepoct/8c5010.html)
- Desire of Ages: "Christ rejoiced that He could do more for His followers than they could ask or think. . . . He knew that truth, armed with the omnipotence of the Holy Spirit, would conquer in the contest with evil; and that the bloodstained banner would wave triumphantly over His followers. He knew that the life of His trusting disciples would be like His, a series of uninterrupted victories, not seen to be such here, but recognized as such in the great hereafter." (679)
"You wait . . . I win . . . You win"
God's Hands 4 Kids ministers to foster and adopted kids and their families working closely with Berrien County Courts and Foster Care. They are currently doing a toy drive. They will be given to each kiddo present at two upcoming events this summer and fall. Toy suggestions and drop-off locations in addition to PMC can be found at www.gh4k.org. God bless as we all strive to live James 1:27.
It has come to our attention that there may be some confusion as how to designate offerings for Roof Replacement. Because there is no printed "Roof Replacement" on the tithe/ offerings envelope, some donors may have mistakenly placed their roof offerings in Building Improvements, which is line 4 on the envelope. Donors wishing to designate an offering for Roof Replacement should instead write ROOF on one of the blank lines. If you have mistakenly placed an offering in Building Improvements (or in any other fund), please let the assistant treasurer, JoAnn Siagian know by calling (269) 471-7656, and she will make a correction. Thank you.
We invite you to take advantage of our state-of-the-art 3-D Massage Chair, figure out your real body age and body composition with our full-body sensor, and discover various ways to become A healthier U! Visit: www.andrews.edu/wellness for more information and to schedule appointments! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
The congregation is invited and encouraged to attend the upcoming board/business meeting. Many important issues will be discussed at this time. See you there!
June 25, 7:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Commons
Andrews University invites high school students to their annual STEM weekend, SciFEST, on September 20-22, 2018. Mark your calendars and plan to join us for hands-on labs, spiritual activities, academic challenges, and a memorable weekend this fall. For more details visit: andrews.edu/scifest Register by May 25 to receive a discount.
September 20 - 22
Location: Andrews University
Contact: Monica Nudd - email@example.com | (269) 471-3872
We're pressing pause for the Summer but it's not too early to start planning what GROW Group you might want to lead for the Fall Semester between September 30 to December 9, 2018! Register your group at www.pmchurch. org/grow and help us build an intergenerational community where people can grow together in friendship with God and each other. Here are some ideas for groups: Happily Single, Pickleball, Baking Desserts, Women's Prayer Studies, Dads and Prayer. What's your idea? For more information, please contact Gracie Gaytan at growgroups@pmchurch. org or (269) 471-3133.
This group ministers to the seriously ill and bereaved through hand-created items. Please consider joining for fellowship, creativity, and personal visits.
June 26, 7:00 PM
Location: MacCarty Residence
Contact: Alice Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org | (269) 461-6815
Lyn MacCarty - (269) 471-9060 or (269) 208-3377