Pioneer's Homebound Ministry is looking for names and contact information of people who are homebound and in need of some personalized attention. Text your information to 262-825-3632.
Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark - 2
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“STORM: Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark”—2
- The Storm
- Ian Bremmer: “The international order itself is unraveling. In the past eight years alone, the world has seen the worst financial crisis in decades, a global recession, a historic debt crisis in the euro zone, a wave of unrest across North Africa and the Middle East, civil war in Syria, a migrant crisis that calls into question the future of Europe’s open borders, war between Russia and Ukraine, Brexit, an explosion of cyber aggression and the election as U.S. President of one Donald Trump. Call it geopolitical creative destruction or just the sound of things falling apart, but the grinding of G-zero gears has become too loud to ignore.” (http://time.com/4606071/american-global-leadership-is-over/)
- Ellen White: “The present is a time of overwhelming interest to all living. Rulers and statesmen, men who occupy positions of trust and authority, thinking men and women of all classes, have their attention fixed upon the events taking place about us. They are watching the strained, restless relations that exist among the nations. They observe the intensity that is taking possession of every earthly element, and they recognize that something great and decisive is about to take place—that the world is on the verge of a stupendous crisis.” (Education 179)
- “Angels are now restraining the winds of strife, that they may not blow until the world shall be warned of its coming doom; but a storm is gathering, ready to burst upon the earth; and when God shall bid His angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of strife as no pen can picture.” (Education 179-180)
- The Faith of Jesus
- Luke 18:8—“‘When the Son of Man comes, will He find on the earth?’”
- 1 John 5:4—“For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our .”
- John 16:33—“‘I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have the world.’”
- Hebrews 2:10-13—“‘I will put My in Him.’” (v 13)
- Revelation 14:12 NKJV—“Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the of Jesus.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:57—“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Galatians 2:20 KJV—“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in : and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
- Revelation 3:21—“‘To the one who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on my throne, I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.’”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 149: “All that Christ received from God we too may . Then ask and receive. With the persevering faith of Jacob, with the unyielding persistence of Elijah, claim for yourself all that God has promised.”
- Remember—when God speaks a word—the instant He speaks the word—the word immediately creates the reality it represents.
- So “Let there be faith” immediately creates faith.
- “God has granted to everyone a measure of faith.” (Romans 12:3)
- “‘Have faith in God.’” (Mark 11:22)
Say AMEN to the “faith of Jesus”
Pioneer Operating Budget
Hasten His Coming
Matthew 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”
We worship with our tithe and offerings because we wait eagerly to see our God face to face. The Scripture associates the Second Coming with the proclamation of the gospel to the whole world (Matt. 24:14). He desires all to come to repentance (2 Pet. 3:9). Our involvement in doing and supporting God’s mission makes it possible for others to hear and receive the good news.
Peter describes the waiting experience as an active one: “as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.” Ellen G. White clarifies Peter’s words: “By giving the gospel to the world it is in our power to hasten our Lord's return. We are not only to look for but to hasten the coming of the day of God” (The Desire of Ages, 633, 634). It appears that God has given us the possibility to hasten His coming.
The example of a sled helps us to understand the meaning of hastening His return. If you put a sled at the top of a hill and allow it to glide, it will reach the bottom after some time. This is the natural course due to gravity and normal force. However, kids who like playing in the snow know that you can speed up your sled as it goes downhill. Among other tricks, you can spray cooking oil at the bottom of the sled, pack down the snow on the track, stay low on the sled, or balance your weight on the sled. As a result, you go faster, and it is more fun. In the same way, the reality of His Second Coming is unalterable; it will take place, but it can happen earlier if we associate with Him to reach out to others.
Are we going to forsake this opportunity to speed up his coming? This week, as we worship with our tithe and regular offerings we can reveal how hard we wish for the Second Coming.
—North American Division Stewardship Ministries
PMC members who are invited to join the Fellowship Dinner on July 2 are last names Abriot-Byrd. Invitations have been sent to those with email addresses, and members are asked to respond by June 29 via email with the number attending. If you don't have an email address, you may call the church office at 269-471-6565 to reserve spots.
July 2, 2022, 1:15 PM (after 2nd Service)
Location: Pioneer Commons
From Anger to Intimacy with Gary Smalley DVD series
June 11-Anger: Stuff It, Spew It, or Study It
June 18-Personal Responsibility and Emotions
June 25- The Spirit of Forgiveness
July 2- Crafting the Perfect Apology
July 9-Roadblocks to Forgiveness
July 16- Forgiving the Difficult, Addicted or Cheating Spouse
Everyone is welcome Sabbath mornings from 10:30-11:30 in PMC room 141.
Pioneer is pleased to announce that transportation will be provided for Sabbath services for attendees with physical challenges who would have trouble in negotiating stairs.
Pioneer Traffic and Deacon teams will transport attendees by golf carts from the canopy entrance to the doors at the east entrance (JN Andrews statue). At the end of the service, attendees will be invited to return to the door and alert a greeter to contact the cart that will transport them to their cars.
If you would like to be picked up from your car at the start of the service instead of at the canopy entrance, please call the church office on (269) 471-3133 by Friday at 10:00 AM and supply the following information:
- Name(s) of attendees
- Service attending
- Make, model, and color of car
- Estimated time of arrival
We hope that this interim measure will be a helpful blessing to you.
Ministry and Grow Group Leaders: We are here to help you create appealing materials both digital and in print in order to familiarize people with your ministry or upcoming event. Because we support many ministries, kindly provide us with at least 10 design days from the time we receive your project details to completion. Additional time may be needed for printing and shipping when applicable. Submit your project online today at pmchurch.org/design/submit. -Pioneer Media Ministry