Church is more than just a building; it's about people. Here at Pioneer Memorial Church, on the campus of Andrews University, we believe in helping transform this generation to be more like Jesus through 4 steps: Connect, Grow, Serve, Go.
Your financial gift helps support ministry here at Pioneer. From local to global ministry, keeping our facility safe and clean, to outreach and family growth activities, it all provides a space to worship, learn, and grow together. We invite you to Give Purposefully, Give Faithfully, and Give Joyfully.
To purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
Dwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock”
»Invitation #1—Jesus’ invitation.
• Ralph Carmichael: “The Savior is waiting to enter your heart—why don’t you let Him come in? There’s nothing in this world to keep you apart—what is your answer to Him?”
• Proverbs 23:26—”My child, give Me your .”
• John 14:23—”‘Anyone who loves Me will obey My teaching. My Father will love them, and We will come to them and make Our with them.’”
• John 14:17—”‘The Spirit of Truth with you and will be in you.’”
• Ellen White: “That heart is the happiest that has Christ as an abiding . . . . Let us acknowledge Him as our Friend and Saviour.” (My Life Today 157)
»Invitation #2—Jesus’ invitation.
• Mark 13:26, 29 NASB: “‘Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. . . . Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the .’”
• Revelation 22:12, 20: “‘Look! I am coming !’ . . . He who testifies to these things says, ‘Yes, I am coming ‘“
• 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3): “For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, ‘Peace and safety,’ destruction will come on them , as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not [GK: no not] escape.”
• Ellen White: “At this time the Laodicean message is to be given, to arouse a slumbering church. Let the thought of the of time stimulate you to earnest, untiring effort. Remember that Satan has come down with great power, to work with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish.” (Selected Messages 1:196)
»Invitation #3—Jesus’ invitation.
• Jesus isn’t even the church—He’s standing on the !
• Ellen White: “The Holy Spirit waits to soften and subdue hearts; but they are not willing to open the door and let the Saviour in, for fear that He will require something of them. And so Jesus of Nazareth passes by. He longs to bestow on them the rich blessings of His grace, but they refuse to accept them. What a terrible thing it is to exclude Christ from His own temple! What a to the church!” (Testimonies to the Church 6:262)
• Song of Solomon: “[She speaks] I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking: ‘[He speaks] Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.’ [She] I have taken off my robe—must I put it on again? I have washed my feet—must I soil them again? My lover thrust his hand through the latch-opening; my heart began to pound for him. I arose to open for my lover . . .” (Song of Solomon 5:2-5).
• Sigve Tonstad: “. . . to this thoroughly unlikeable community, Jesus propositions a privilege so amazing that I don’t dare repeat it (3:20-21).”
"Come in, Jesus"
Soup for Students Report
Thank you to all who brought food or volunteered for Soup for Students last night. Because of your faithfulness, we were able to serve 197 students. We had over 30 pots of home-made soup, pizza, salad, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and cookies. It was a tremendous blessing to see students arriving even before 6:00 PM. We then prayed, opened the lines, and they were off. One student commented how this event is always an "oasis" for her and her friends in the midst of finals week. We had about 15 volunteers who were busy assembling the pizzas, swapping out empty pots of soup, and refilling water at the tables. Toward the end of the event, we were realizing we'd have some soup left over, so I texted Donnie Keele, the assistant dean at Meier Hall. He said, "If you bring any soup over here, it will all be gone by 10:15 PM." So we did just that. We packed the leftovers into to-go cups, and brought soup to the girls and the boys dorm. What an honor it is to partner together to show demonstrate God’s love towards students on our campus.
The season is upon us. Come celebrate with us. PMC Annual Christmas Breakfast in Church will be on December 21, 2019 at 9:00 AM – 10:15 AM
Bring your favorite breakfast items.
A – G – bread, muffin or pastries
H – P – breakfast casserole or hot/cold cereal
Q – Z – fruits
PMC will provide hot and cold drinks and nuts.
PMC Christmas Angel Tree
Brighten the Christmas season and bring smile to struggling families, please stop by the Christmas Angel Tree located at the Welcome Center downstairs and at the Narthex. Choose an angel from the tree, you can either give donation (money, gift card, food, toys, etc) or buy a gift for them. You may bring your gift with the angel attached to it to PMC on or before December 23 (Monday)
Nathan Greene Art Studio Christmas Open House
Please join us at the Nathan Greene Art Studio Christmas Openhouse on Sunday, December 8 & 15, 2019, from 12 pm to 6 pm. Prints and puzzles will be available for purchase and signing by Nathan. Also featuring Artist, Bonnie Greene Le Blanc and Bladesmith, Daniel Greene. Hope to see you there!
Studio location: 8458 Painter School Road, Berrien Center, MI.
For more info call 269-313-1179
Nominating Committee Name Change Board Vote
The PMC Board voted on Nov. 11 to follow the recommendation of David Nowack, the Nominating Committee chair, to change the name of the Nominating Committee: it is now the Volunteer Engagement Committee or VEC for short. The change is the result of consultations with the pastoral staff and others to create a name that reflects the actions of the Committee and make it more understandable for the visitor, guest or new member.
Our United Cry
Adventist Retirees Christmas Banquet
Senior members of the Pioneer Memorial Church are invited to a Christmas Banquet in the Fellowship Hall of the Village Seventh-day Adventist Church on Sunday December 15, at 1:00 PM. Reservations must be made by calling the Village Church at 269.471.7795 by December 8. Please provide the name(s) who will be attending, contact number and indicate your church affiliation.
December 15, 1:00 PM
Location: Village SDA Church
Children's Ministry Resource Center needs costumers.
The PMC Children's Ministry Resource Center is looking for a Costume Coordinator and a Costume Garment Maker/Repairer. These volunteer positions are flexible to suit individual time available. Contact Debi Robertson, 269-470-2690.
AU Passion Play Seeking Actors
The Andrews University Passion Play is returning to campus on April 11, 2020! Anyone interested in acting is encouraged to sign up on the website: passionplay.andrews.edu. Additionally, interested volunteers may contact the Drama Director Katharina Burghardt for more information at email@example.com. Please join us in telling Jesus' story this Easter!