Each month one of the various denominational churches in Berrien Springs collects food to be distributed on Fridays by Backpacks for Berrien to Berrien Springs public school students who otherwise may not have much to eat over the weekend. January is PMC’s month. The food must be packaged in individual serving sizes. No cans or bottles. By the types of food we select to donate, we can even make a health statement. Here are the healthful items on the Backpacks’ food list: fruit cups, pasta, rice, beans, nuts, protein bars. Food can be brought to the church and placed in the collection box in the lobby.
Yes Can Do
How to Pray with an Attitude
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
"YES CAN DO: How to Pray with an Attitude"
Act One—Joshua 10:1-5
- Ephesians 6:10-12
- Ellen White: "Could our eyes be opened, and could each see the conflict of angelic agencies with the Satanic confederacy, who are combined with evil human agencies, what astonishment would come upon the soul. The holy angels are working with terrible intensity for the salvation of men, because the destroyer of souls is seeking to make of no effect the salvation which has been purchased at infinite cost. Could our spiritual vision be opened, we should see that which would never be effaced from the memory as long as life should last. We should see souls bowed down under oppression, loaded with grief and pressed down as a cart beneath the sheaves, and ready to die in discouragement. We should see angels flying swiftly to aid the tempted ones who stand as on the brink of a precipice. These tempted souls are unable to help themselves, and avoid the ruin which threatens them; but the angels of God are forcing back the evil angels, and guiding the souls away from the dangerous places, to plant their feet on a sure foundation. We should see battles going on between the two armies, as real as those fought by opposing forces on earth.” (Signs of the Times October 29, 1894)
Act Two—Joshua 10:6-8
- Anne Lamott: "There's freedom in hitting bottom, in seeing that you won't be able to save or rescue your daughter, her spouse, his parents, or your career, relief in admitting you've reached the place of great unknowing. This is where restoration can begin, because when you're still in the state of trying to fix the unfixable, everything bad is engaged: the chatter of your mind, the tension of your physiology, all the trunks and wheel-ons you carry from the past. It's exhausting, crazy-making. Help. Help us walk through this. Help us come through. It is the first great prayer." (Help Thanks Wow: The Three Essential Prayers 14-15)
- Ellen White: "[We] are to contend with supernatural forces, but [we] are assured of supernatural help. All the intelligences of heaven are in this army. And more than angels are in the ranks. The Holy Spirit, the representative of the Captain of the Lord's host, comes down to direct the battle. Our infirmities may be many, our sins and mistakes grievous; but the grace of God is for all who seek it with contrition. The power of Omnipotence is enlisted in behalf of those who trust in God." (Desire of Ages 352)
- 2 Corinthians 10:4
- Sidlow Baxter: "Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our own persons—but they are helpless against our prayers."
- Ellen White: "Satan knows better than God's people the power that they can have over him when their strength is in Christ. When they humbly entreat the mighty Conqueror for help, the weakest believer in the truth, relying firmly upon Christ, can successfully repulse Satan and all his host." (Testimonies to the Church 1:341)
- John 15:5—"For without Me you can do nothing."
- Revelation 12:11—"They triumphed over him [the Satan Dragon] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death."
- Ellen White: "Tell him [Satan] of the blood of Jesus, that cleanses from all sin. You cannot save yourself from the tempter's power, but he trembles and flees when the merits of that precious blood are urged." (Testimonies to the Church 5:317)
Act Three—Joshua 10:9-14
- John Dawson: "The prayer of a human being can alter history by releasing legions of angels into the earth. If we really grasped this truth, we would pray with intensity, and we would pray constantly." (Taking Our Cities for God 140)
YES CAN DO because HE CAN DO
We are now accepting Community Supported Agriculture memberships for the 2019 season. Sign up to receive Certified Naturally Grown fresh vegetables and fruits delivered to your doorstep weekly. We are also taking orders for nursery plants for home gardeners. All of our plants are from Certified Organic seed and grown in Certified Organic soil. Click the link below for details. Call or text Shelli at (269) 277-3621 with questions. We look forward to providing you with high quality healthy food.
Contact: Shelli - (269) 277-3621
Come and join your church family for some fun playing games in Johnson Gym and swimming in the Beatty Pool. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
January 19, 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Location: Johnson GYM & Beaty Pool
1) Pray for the children, youth, their parents, teachers, and the leaders in the Sabbath School classes.
2) Order Rada Cutlery and Gifts—Affordable and durable. Proceeds go directly to Harbor of Hope.
3) Order Citrus Fruit for yourself and/ or a food pantry like Harbor of Hope, Neighbor to Neighbor, or God's Abundant Pantry. Just make a note of where you want it to go on your check memo line. Order it by mid-January. Proceeds also go to Harbor of Hope.
4) To help and support children and youth of Harbor of Hope contact: Terry Trecartin at email@example.com or (423) 645-5684, 2601 Pixley Ave., Saint Joseph, MI 49085.
The Pioneer Media Team is looking for new audio and video technicians for its local media ministry. If you want to use your talents to have a positive impact on the world through digital evangelism and learn new things while sharpening your technical skills, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteer teams rotate every 3rd Sabbath and are asked to volunteer for both services on their scheduled Sabbath.
Join Timeless Tours this coming June 8-21 for an adventure to the biblical lands of Jordan and Egypt. Featuring Andrews University professors Robert Bates - Archaeologist and Egyptologist, and Stefanie Elkins - Archaeologist and Art Historian. This all inclusive tour, which includes RT airfare, features visits to Jerash, Petra, the baptismal site of Jesus, the Valley of the Kings, The Great Pyramids of Giza, a hot air ballon ride, and cruise on the Nile! Cost is $4950.00 per person based on double occupancy.
Grief Share, a support group for those who are hurting or suffering the loss of a loved one, is available in January. The group meets at the Village Church on Sundays from 4:00-6:00 PM. Contact Shirley Gammon for more information or to register for the first session.
Sundays, 4:00 - 6:00 PM
Location: Village SDA Church
Contact: Shirley Gammon (989) 427-5669