Join ToBoFit, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:00- 5:50 PM. Lamson Hall Health Club will take a break from July 27—August 27. Will resume August 28.
Yes Can Do
How to Live with an Attitude
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
“YES CAN DO: How to Live with an Attitude”
- Mark 16:1-6
- “Who will roll the stone away?”
- Charles Swindoll: “This may shock you, but I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my successes or failures, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances or my position. Attitude is that ‘single string’ that keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there’s no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” (https://record.adventistchurch.com/2018/02/16/why-i-dont-go-to-church)
- The magnetic North of Holy Scripture always bends its needle to YES CAN DO.
- Philippians 4:13
- “For I CAN DO all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:19-20—“For all the promises of God in Him are YES.”
- Psalm 33:6, 9—“By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth. . . . For He spoke and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.”
- David Bentley Hart: “I have strength for all things in him who gives me the power.” (New Testament Philippians 4:13)
- 2 Corinthians 1:20-22—“God has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.”
- “I CAN DO all things through the Holy Spirit who strengthens me.”
- The Upward Look: “I beseech [you] to seek now for the greatest blessing Heaven can bestow—the Holy Spirit. If in faith you seek for a greater measure of God’s Spirit, you will be constantly taking it in and breathing it out. Daily you will receive a fresh supply. Your everyday experience will be enriched by the rich current of God’s love. Before you lie vast fields of truth, vast sources of power. Let the daily prayer be, ‘Take from us what Thou dost choose to take, but withhold not Thy Holy Spirit from us.’ We must have the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (143)
- Philippians 2:5 NASB: “Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus.”
- Christ’s Object Lessons: “You need not go to the ends of the earth for wisdom, for God is near. It is not the capabilities you now possess or ever will have that will give you success. It is that which the Lord CAN DO for you. We need to have far less confidence in what man CAN DO and far more confidence in what God CAN DO for every believing soul. He longs to have you reach after Him by faith. He longs to have you expect great things from Him. He longs to give you understanding in temporal as well as in spiritual matters. He can sharpen the intellect. He can give tact and skill. Put your talents into the work, ask God for wisdom, and it will be given you.” (146)
“YES CAN DO”
To view the latest Nominating Committee report click here.
It has come to our attention that there may be some confusion as how to designate offerings for Roof Replacement. Because there is no printed "Roof Replacement" on the tithe/ offerings envelope, some donors may have mistakenly placed their roof offerings in Building Improvements, which is line 4 on the envelope. Donors wishing to designate an offering for Roof Replacement should instead write ROOF on one of the blank lines. If you have mistakenly placed an offering in Building Improvements (or in any other fund), please let the assistant treasurer, JoAnn Siagian know by calling (269) 471-7656, and she will make a correction. Thank you.
Andrews University invites high school students to their annual STEM weekend, SciFEST, on September 20-22, 2018. Mark your calendars and plan to join us for hands-on labs, spiritual activities, academic challenges, and a memorable weekend this fall. For more details visit: andrews.edu/scifest Register by May 25 to receive a discount.
September 20 - 22
Location: Andrews University
Contact: Monica Nudd - email@example.com | (269) 471-3872
We're pressing pause for the Summer but it's not too early to start planning what GROW Group you might want to lead for the Fall Semester between September 30 to December 9, 2018! Register your group at www.pmchurch. org/grow and help us build an intergenerational community where people can grow together in friendship with God and each other. Here are some ideas for groups: Happily Single, Pickleball, Baking Desserts, Women's Prayer Studies, Dads and Prayer. What's your idea? For more information, please contact Gracie Gaytan at growgroups@pmchurch. org or (269) 471-3133.