Each month one of the various denominational churches in Berrien Springs collects food to be distributed on Fridays by Backpacks for Berrien to Berrien Springs public school students who otherwise may not have much to eat over the weekend. January is PMC’s month. The food must be packaged in individual serving sizes. No cans or bottles. By the types of food we select to donate, we can even make a health statement. Here are the healthful items on the Backpacks’ food list: fruit cups, pasta, rice, beans, nuts, protein bars. Food can be brought to the church and placed in the collection box in the lobby.
Yes Can Do
How to Live with an Attitude
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
“YES CAN DO: How to Live with an Attitude”
- Mark 16:1-6
- “Who will roll the stone away?”
- Charles Swindoll: “This may shock you, but I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my successes or failures, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances or my position. Attitude is that ‘single string’ that keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there’s no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me.” (https://record.adventistchurch.com/2018/02/16/why-i-dont-go-to-church)
- The magnetic North of Holy Scripture always bends its needle to YES CAN DO.
- Philippians 4:13
- “For I CAN DO all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:19-20—“For all the promises of God in Him are YES.”
- Psalm 33:6, 9—“By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth. . . . For He spoke and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.”
- David Bentley Hart: “I have strength for all things in him who gives me the power.” (New Testament Philippians 4:13)
- 2 Corinthians 1:20-22—“God has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.”
- “I CAN DO all things through the Holy Spirit who strengthens me.”
- The Upward Look: “I beseech [you] to seek now for the greatest blessing Heaven can bestow—the Holy Spirit. If in faith you seek for a greater measure of God’s Spirit, you will be constantly taking it in and breathing it out. Daily you will receive a fresh supply. Your everyday experience will be enriched by the rich current of God’s love. Before you lie vast fields of truth, vast sources of power. Let the daily prayer be, ‘Take from us what Thou dost choose to take, but withhold not Thy Holy Spirit from us.’ We must have the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (143)
- Philippians 2:5 NASB: “Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus.”
- Christ’s Object Lessons: “You need not go to the ends of the earth for wisdom, for God is near. It is not the capabilities you now possess or ever will have that will give you success. It is that which the Lord CAN DO for you. We need to have far less confidence in what man CAN DO and far more confidence in what God CAN DO for every believing soul. He longs to have you reach after Him by faith. He longs to have you expect great things from Him. He longs to give you understanding in temporal as well as in spiritual matters. He can sharpen the intellect. He can give tact and skill. Put your talents into the work, ask God for wisdom, and it will be given you.” (146)
“YES CAN DO”
We are now accepting Community Supported Agriculture memberships for the 2019 season. Sign up to receive Certified Naturally Grown fresh vegetables and fruits delivered to your doorstep weekly. We are also taking orders for nursery plants for home gardeners. All of our plants are from Certified Organic seed and grown in Certified Organic soil. Click the link below for details. Call or text Shelli at (269) 277-3621 with questions. We look forward to providing you with high quality healthy food.
Contact: Shelli - (269) 277-3621
Come and join your church family for some fun playing games in Johnson Gym and swimming in the Beatty Pool. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
January 19, 7:00 - 9:00 PM
Location: Johnson GYM & Beaty Pool
1) Pray for the children, youth, their parents, teachers, and the leaders in the Sabbath School classes.
2) Order Rada Cutlery and Gifts—Affordable and durable. Proceeds go directly to Harbor of Hope.
3) Order Citrus Fruit for yourself and/ or a food pantry like Harbor of Hope, Neighbor to Neighbor, or God's Abundant Pantry. Just make a note of where you want it to go on your check memo line. Order it by mid-January. Proceeds also go to Harbor of Hope.
4) To help and support children and youth of Harbor of Hope contact: Terry Trecartin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 645-5684, 2601 Pixley Ave., Saint Joseph, MI 49085.
The Pioneer Media Team is looking for new audio and video technicians for its local media ministry. If you want to use your talents to have a positive impact on the world through digital evangelism and learn new things while sharpening your technical skills, email email@example.com. Volunteer teams rotate every 3rd Sabbath and are asked to volunteer for both services on their scheduled Sabbath.
Join Timeless Tours this coming June 8-21 for an adventure to the biblical lands of Jordan and Egypt. Featuring Andrews University professors Robert Bates - Archaeologist and Egyptologist, and Stefanie Elkins - Archaeologist and Art Historian. This all inclusive tour, which includes RT airfare, features visits to Jerash, Petra, the baptismal site of Jesus, the Valley of the Kings, The Great Pyramids of Giza, a hot air ballon ride, and cruise on the Nile! Cost is $4950.00 per person based on double occupancy.
Grief Share, a support group for those who are hurting or suffering the loss of a loved one, is available in January. The group meets at the Village Church on Sundays from 4:00-6:00 PM. Contact Shirley Gammon for more information or to register for the first session.
Sundays, 4:00 - 6:00 PM
Location: Village SDA Church
Contact: Shirley Gammon (989) 427-5669