Every year the local Adventist churches host the Health Tent at the Berrien County Youth Fair. Thousands of people visit during Fair Week (August 14-19 this year) to learn about healthful living. You can be part of it! Sign up for a time slot (or more) at www.HealthTent.org. Learn more about the new format for the Health Tent on that site, and also how you can support it with your donations.
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
- A fishing story
- Matthew 13:47-51
- The Big Fisherman to the little fishermen: “You must learn this lesson: you do the —I do the .”
- Three points
- Point #1—When the Gospel Net is let down it catches all of fish.
- Point #2—The fish (people) get separated at the the world.
- Point #3—The ones who do the sorting at the end of the world (in the Great Judgement) are the , not the .
- “Don’t be afraid—from now on you will fish for .” (Luke 5:10)
- Three anxiety relievers
- Anxiety Reliever #1—I don’t have to decide who gets “netted” for .
- Anxiety Reliever #2—I don’t have to decide who gets “netted” for .
- Anxiety Reliever #3—Because I don’t have to do the —all I need to do is the .
Jim Cymbala: “Christians often hesitate to reach out to those who are . They want God to clean the fish before they catch them. If someone’s gold ring is attached to an unusual body part, if the person doesn’t smell the best, or if the skin color is not the same, Christians tend to hesitate. But think for a moment about God reaching out to us. If ever there was a “reach,” that was it: the holy, pure Deity extending himself to us who were soiled, evil-hearted, unholy. God could have said, ‘You’re so different from me, so distasteful, I would really rather not get too close to you.’ But he didn’t say that. It was our very that drew his hand of love.” (Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire: What Happens When God’s Spirit Invades the Hearts of His People 141)
- Ellen White: “[Christ] has not committed to us the work of judging character and motive. He knows our nature too well to entrust this work to us. Should we try to uproot from the church those whom we suppose to be spurious Christians, we should be sure to make mistakes. Often we regard as hopeless subjects the very ones whom Christ is drawing to Himself.” (Christ’s Object Lessons 71)
- How to fish for people
- Ask God at the beginning of every day to lead you to someone who needs what can offer.
- Ask God to help you make an to someone.
- “The Big Day” (September)
- “Unlocking Revelation (October)
- “God’s Boot Camp” (October)
- Ask God every morning to be at work in the lives of people you know who need Jesus.
- A story: “This is the smell of the world I died for.”
We do the fishing—He does the sorting
The annual District 9 Family Camp is just around the corner! Applications are available online at http://districtnine.wix. com/ or at the PMC receptionist’s desk for those who are unable to obtain them online. Completed applications may be submitted to Claudia Sowler beginning at noon on July 23. Reservations must be made by noon on Sunday, August 13. For questions, please contact Ric Streelman at 269.208.7172. Make your reservations as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing you there where you will be physically and spiritually blessed!
September 1-4 Camp Au Sable
Parents, volunteers, and supporters are invited to join us as we beautify our building and grounds for the new school year.
JULY 30, 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
The Family Life and Safety Committees invite you to join us today, following the 11:45 AM service, outside on the lawn for a brief time of fellowship. Cookies and juice will be provided.
Life Line Screening will be at Village Seventh-day Adventist Church on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 offering safe, painless, non-invasive preventive health screenings that are typically not a part of a routine physical. For only $139 (regularly $149) you can learn your risk of having stroke or vascular disease. visit www.lifelinescreening.com/communitycircle or call toll-free 866-229-0469 or text the word circle to 797979 There is no time like the present to take action!
The family of Gunter Koch invite you to attend a funeral service to be held at the Seminary Chapel on the campus of Andrews University on Monday, July 17, at 11 a.m. Visitation with the family and viewing will be one hour before the service at 10 am, also at the Seminary Chapel. A full life sketch is available at http://www.allredfuneralhome.com. Thank you for remembering the family and friends in your prayers as we grieve this loss.
Gunter W. Koch
Born November 25, 1924
Died July 8, 2017
The PMC Greeter Team needs you with your warm smile and friendly "Welcome" to serve as a greeter. You are the first introduction to our worship on Sabbath. We have many openings. Contact Bonnie Perry by phone, text or e-mail (269.473.1005; 312.953.5871; email@example.com.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to forge something the old-fashioned way? Join us from 11 AM to 3 PM for the blacksmithing honor. A fee for materials will be collected before we start. If interested contact Henry Davis at 574.274.0633.
July 16, 2017 • 11:00 AM BLACKSMITH SHOP (1839 COURTHOUSE SQUARE)