Every year the local Adventist churches host the Health Tent at the Berrien County Youth Fair. Thousands of people visit during Fair Week (August 14-19 this year) to learn about healthful living. You can be part of it! Sign up for a time slot (or more) at www.HealthTent.org. Learn more about the new format for the Health Tent on that site, and also how you can support it with your donations.
Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark - 2
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
“STORM: Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark”—2
- The Storm
- Ian Bremmer: “The international order itself is unraveling. In the past eight years alone, the world has seen the worst financial crisis in decades, a global recession, a historic debt crisis in the euro zone, a wave of unrest across North Africa and the Middle East, civil war in Syria, a migrant crisis that calls into question the future of Europe’s open borders, war between Russia and Ukraine, Brexit, an explosion of cyber aggression and the election as U.S. President of one Donald Trump. Call it geopolitical creative destruction or just the sound of things falling apart, but the grinding of G-zero gears has become too loud to ignore.” (http://time.com/4606071/american-global-leadership-is-over/)
- Ellen White: “The present is a time of overwhelming interest to all living. Rulers and statesmen, men who occupy positions of trust and authority, thinking men and women of all classes, have their attention fixed upon the events taking place about us. They are watching the strained, restless relations that exist among the nations. They observe the intensity that is taking possession of every earthly element, and they recognize that something great and decisive is about to take place—that the world is on the verge of a stupendous crisis.” (Education 179)
- “Angels are now restraining the winds of strife, that they may not blow until the world shall be warned of its coming doom; but a storm is gathering, ready to burst upon the earth; and when God shall bid His angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of strife as no pen can picture.” (Education 179-180)
- The Faith of Jesus
- Luke 18:8—“‘When the Son of Man comes, will He find on the earth?’”
- 1 John 5:4—“For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our .”
- John 16:33—“‘I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have the world.’”
- Hebrews 2:10-13—“‘I will put My in Him.’” (v 13)
- Revelation 14:12 NKJV—“Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the of Jesus.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:57—“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Galatians 2:20 KJV—“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in : and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
- Revelation 3:21—“‘To the one who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on my throne, I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.’”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 149: “All that Christ received from God we too may . Then ask and receive. With the persevering faith of Jacob, with the unyielding persistence of Elijah, claim for yourself all that God has promised.”
- Remember—when God speaks a word—the instant He speaks the word—the word immediately creates the reality it represents.
- So “Let there be faith” immediately creates faith.
- “God has granted to everyone a measure of faith.” (Romans 12:3)
- “‘Have faith in God.’” (Mark 11:22)
Say AMEN to the “faith of Jesus”
The annual District 9 Family Camp is just around the corner! Applications are available online at http://districtnine.wix. com/ or at the PMC receptionist’s desk for those who are unable to obtain them online. Completed applications may be submitted to Claudia Sowler beginning at noon on July 23. Reservations must be made by noon on Sunday, August 13. For questions, please contact Ric Streelman at 269.208.7172. Make your reservations as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing you there where you will be physically and spiritually blessed!
September 1-4 Camp Au Sable
Parents, volunteers, and supporters are invited to join us as we beautify our building and grounds for the new school year.
JULY 30, 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
The Family Life and Safety Committees invite you to join us today, following the 11:45 AM service, outside on the lawn for a brief time of fellowship. Cookies and juice will be provided.
Life Line Screening will be at Village Seventh-day Adventist Church on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 offering safe, painless, non-invasive preventive health screenings that are typically not a part of a routine physical. For only $139 (regularly $149) you can learn your risk of having stroke or vascular disease. visit www.lifelinescreening.com/communitycircle or call toll-free 866-229-0469 or text the word circle to 797979 There is no time like the present to take action!
The family of Gunter Koch invite you to attend a funeral service to be held at the Seminary Chapel on the campus of Andrews University on Monday, July 17, at 11 a.m. Visitation with the family and viewing will be one hour before the service at 10 am, also at the Seminary Chapel. A full life sketch is available at http://www.allredfuneralhome.com. Thank you for remembering the family and friends in your prayers as we grieve this loss.
Gunter W. Koch
Born November 25, 1924
Died July 8, 2017
The PMC Greeter Team needs you with your warm smile and friendly "Welcome" to serve as a greeter. You are the first introduction to our worship on Sabbath. We have many openings. Contact Bonnie Perry by phone, text or e-mail (269.473.1005; 312.953.5871; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to forge something the old-fashioned way? Join us from 11 AM to 3 PM for the blacksmithing honor. A fee for materials will be collected before we start. If interested contact Henry Davis at 574.274.0633.
July 16, 2017 • 11:00 AM BLACKSMITH SHOP (1839 COURTHOUSE SQUARE)