If you know Mary, we invite you to help us shower her with a bouquet of cards on her July 5, 95th birthday. Send yours to: 9008 George Avenue, Berrien Springs, MI 49103
Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark - 2
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
“STORM: Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark”—2
- The Storm
- Ian Bremmer: “The international order itself is unraveling. In the past eight years alone, the world has seen the worst financial crisis in decades, a global recession, a historic debt crisis in the euro zone, a wave of unrest across North Africa and the Middle East, civil war in Syria, a migrant crisis that calls into question the future of Europe’s open borders, war between Russia and Ukraine, Brexit, an explosion of cyber aggression and the election as U.S. President of one Donald Trump. Call it geopolitical creative destruction or just the sound of things falling apart, but the grinding of G-zero gears has become too loud to ignore.” (http://time.com/4606071/american-global-leadership-is-over/)
- Ellen White: “The present is a time of overwhelming interest to all living. Rulers and statesmen, men who occupy positions of trust and authority, thinking men and women of all classes, have their attention fixed upon the events taking place about us. They are watching the strained, restless relations that exist among the nations. They observe the intensity that is taking possession of every earthly element, and they recognize that something great and decisive is about to take place—that the world is on the verge of a stupendous crisis.” (Education 179)
- “Angels are now restraining the winds of strife, that they may not blow until the world shall be warned of its coming doom; but a storm is gathering, ready to burst upon the earth; and when God shall bid His angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of strife as no pen can picture.” (Education 179-180)
- The Faith of Jesus
- Luke 18:8—“‘When the Son of Man comes, will He find on the earth?’”
- 1 John 5:4—“For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our .”
- John 16:33—“‘I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have the world.’”
- Hebrews 2:10-13—“‘I will put My in Him.’” (v 13)
- Revelation 14:12 NKJV—“Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the of Jesus.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:57—“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Galatians 2:20 KJV—“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in : and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
- Revelation 3:21—“‘To the one who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on my throne, I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.’”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 149: “All that Christ received from God we too may . Then ask and receive. With the persevering faith of Jacob, with the unyielding persistence of Elijah, claim for yourself all that God has promised.”
- Remember—when God speaks a word—the instant He speaks the word—the word immediately creates the reality it represents.
- So “Let there be faith” immediately creates faith.
- “God has granted to everyone a measure of faith.” (Romans 12:3)
- “‘Have faith in God.’” (Mark 11:22)
Say AMEN to the “faith of Jesus”
God's Hands 4 Kids ministers to foster and adopted kids and their families working closely with Berrien County Courts and Foster Care. They are currently doing a toy drive. They will be given to each kiddo present at two upcoming events this summer and fall. Toy suggestions and drop-off locations in addition to PMC can be found at www.gh4k.org. God bless as we all strive to live James 1:27.
It has come to our attention that there may be some confusion as how to designate offerings for Roof Replacement. Because there is no printed "Roof Replacement" on the tithe/ offerings envelope, some donors may have mistakenly placed their roof offerings in Building Improvements, which is line 4 on the envelope. Donors wishing to designate an offering for Roof Replacement should instead write ROOF on one of the blank lines. If you have mistakenly placed an offering in Building Improvements (or in any other fund), please let the assistant treasurer, JoAnn Siagian know by calling (269) 471-7656, and she will make a correction. Thank you.
We invite you to take advantage of our state-of-the-art 3-D Massage Chair, figure out your real body age and body composition with our full-body sensor, and discover various ways to become A healthier U! Visit: www.andrews.edu/wellness for more information and to schedule appointments! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
The congregation is invited and encouraged to attend the upcoming board/business meeting. Many important issues will be discussed at this time. See you there!
June 25, 7:00 PM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church Commons
Andrews University invites high school students to their annual STEM weekend, SciFEST, on September 20-22, 2018. Mark your calendars and plan to join us for hands-on labs, spiritual activities, academic challenges, and a memorable weekend this fall. For more details visit: andrews.edu/scifest Register by May 25 to receive a discount.
September 20 - 22
Location: Andrews University
Contact: Monica Nudd - email@example.com | (269) 471-3872
We're pressing pause for the Summer but it's not too early to start planning what GROW Group you might want to lead for the Fall Semester between September 30 to December 9, 2018! Register your group at www.pmchurch. org/grow and help us build an intergenerational community where people can grow together in friendship with God and each other. Here are some ideas for groups: Happily Single, Pickleball, Baking Desserts, Women's Prayer Studies, Dads and Prayer. What's your idea? For more information, please contact Gracie Gaytan at growgroups@pmchurch. org or (269) 471-3133.
This group ministers to the seriously ill and bereaved through hand-created items. Please consider joining for fellowship, creativity, and personal visits.
June 26, 7:00 PM
Location: MacCarty Residence
Contact: Alice Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org | (269) 461-6815
Lyn MacCarty - (269) 471-9060 or (269) 208-3377