As a university church, we disciple AU students helping in every Sabbath School. During vacation months, substitute teachers and pianists are needed, May through August, and December, each year. Experience God through the eyes of a child by making a Sabbath School small group part of your summer adventure this year. Sign up today!
Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark - 2
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“STORM: Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark”—2
- The Storm
- Ian Bremmer: “The international order itself is unraveling. In the past eight years alone, the world has seen the worst financial crisis in decades, a global recession, a historic debt crisis in the euro zone, a wave of unrest across North Africa and the Middle East, civil war in Syria, a migrant crisis that calls into question the future of Europe’s open borders, war between Russia and Ukraine, Brexit, an explosion of cyber aggression and the election as U.S. President of one Donald Trump. Call it geopolitical creative destruction or just the sound of things falling apart, but the grinding of G-zero gears has become too loud to ignore.” (http://time.com/4606071/american-global-leadership-is-over/)
- Ellen White: “The present is a time of overwhelming interest to all living. Rulers and statesmen, men who occupy positions of trust and authority, thinking men and women of all classes, have their attention fixed upon the events taking place about us. They are watching the strained, restless relations that exist among the nations. They observe the intensity that is taking possession of every earthly element, and they recognize that something great and decisive is about to take place—that the world is on the verge of a stupendous crisis.” (Education 179)
- “Angels are now restraining the winds of strife, that they may not blow until the world shall be warned of its coming doom; but a storm is gathering, ready to burst upon the earth; and when God shall bid His angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of strife as no pen can picture.” (Education 179-180)
- The Faith of Jesus
- Luke 18:8—“‘When the Son of Man comes, will He find on the earth?’”
- 1 John 5:4—“For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our .”
- John 16:33—“‘I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have the world.’”
- Hebrews 2:10-13—“‘I will put My in Him.’” (v 13)
- Revelation 14:12 NKJV—“Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the of Jesus.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:57—“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Galatians 2:20 KJV—“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in : and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
- Revelation 3:21—“‘To the one who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on my throne, I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.’”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 149: “All that Christ received from God we too may . Then ask and receive. With the persevering faith of Jacob, with the unyielding persistence of Elijah, claim for yourself all that God has promised.”
- Remember—when God speaks a word—the instant He speaks the word—the word immediately creates the reality it represents.
- So “Let there be faith” immediately creates faith.
- “God has granted to everyone a measure of faith.” (Romans 12:3)
- “‘Have faith in God.’” (Mark 11:22)
Say AMEN to the “faith of Jesus”
Would you like an amazing summer opportunity to grow in your faith and make new friends at the same time? How about leading a GROW group? A GROW group is a small group that’s based on interest. Groups consist of 12-15 people and they meet for 10-12 weeks in convenient locations around the area. There are outdoor groups, activity groups, Mom groups, singles groups, Bible study groups—or something else entirely. You choose! In addition, you won’t be left on your own. We have a team in place to help coach and support you as you lead. To register to lead a group go to pmchurch.org/grow and click “Lead a Summer Group.” Or for more information feel free to contact me, Rodlie Ortiz, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Brianna Martin at email@example.com. Leader registrations will remain open until May 3rd at noon.
Students' finals week is coming very soon. PMC is scheduled to have the Soup for Students again on April 30, Tuesday. We need at least 30 people to commit to a pot of soup. You may also donate cookies and bread. Volunteers during and after the event are also needed. Please call Lailane Legoh at (269) 471-6565 by April 29, Tuesday, if you are willing to make a difference in this way. Thank you very much.
We're eager to hear about your family's experience with PMC Sabbath Schools. Whether your kids are 2, 22, or 52, completing this short survey will help us plan for children and family discipleship. Click the link below or type tinyurl.com/pmcparent1 into a browser, and fill in the online form today. Thank you!
This quarter the Bible Journey Sabbath School class will be studying 13 great prayers of the Bible. Our daily study will be guided by a template prepared by Seminary professor Teresa Reeve, one of our class’s teachers. As we learn how people in the Bible prayed and how God responded, we will also be learning better ourselves how to pray and how to use sound principles of exegesis for Bible study. If you are new to PMC or if you do not have a regular Sabbath School class, we invite you to join us each Sabbath from 10:30 to 11:30. To obtain a study guide, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabbaths, 10:30 - 11:30 AM
Location: Nethery Hall, Room 143
Do you have some experience giving Bible studies? Do you feel like God is looking for you to take the next step in your journey with evangelism? We’re looking for someone to help coordinate Bible study interests. If you’re open to hearing more, please contact Rodlie Ortiz at email@example.com.
Pioneer Memorial Church is pleased to announce the beginning of its renovation project! You will soon start to see construction traffic and work being done to our roof. Our goal is to complete the project by the start of the fall school semester. In order to accomplish this our timeline needed to be adjusted. Roof work will begin on or around April 1 along with adjustments to interior lighting. For your safety, please observe all posted signage related to construction areas. For the most updated information regarding construction, safety, and use of the church, click the link below. If your question isn’t answered there, you may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at (269)471-3133.
University Wellness will be having its 4th Annual Wellness Fest right after Spring Break! (March 25 - 29) You will not want to miss it! It will be a week packed with activities such as therapy dogs, pop-up food booths, pop-up workouts, a fit flash, a plank challenge and so much more! Be a part of making Andrews the healthiest University in the world!
Ten years ago Sidewalk Prophets released their first album "These Simple Truths." The songs from that album have dramatically impacted their ministry and their lives resulting in their ability to travel the world, meet amazing people, and hear powerful stories. They have been able to see Christ at work in so many ways. Today, Sidewalk Prophets wants to take those miles on the road and the stories they have heard and compiled and share them with you. Sidewalk Prophets is bringing their "These Simple Truths Tour" to Berrien Springs, Michigan. Help us spread the word! It is going to be an incredible experience!
April 28, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
This ministry provides hand-created items to the bereaved and seriously ill. We meet twice a month for fellowship and planning. Please consider joining us.
April 23, 7:00 PM
Location: MacCarty Residence (4541 Timberland Dr.)
Contact: Alice Williams - email@example.com | (269) 461-6815
Lyn MacCarty - (269) 471-9060 or (269) 208-3377