The PMC office will be closed on Friday, May 26 and Monday, May 29, for the Memorial Day holiday. We will be open at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, May 30, and look forward to serving you.
Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark - 2
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
“STORM: Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark”—2
- The Storm
- Ian Bremmer: “The international order itself is unraveling. In the past eight years alone, the world has seen the worst financial crisis in decades, a global recession, a historic debt crisis in the euro zone, a wave of unrest across North Africa and the Middle East, civil war in Syria, a migrant crisis that calls into question the future of Europe’s open borders, war between Russia and Ukraine, Brexit, an explosion of cyber aggression and the election as U.S. President of one Donald Trump. Call it geopolitical creative destruction or just the sound of things falling apart, but the grinding of G-zero gears has become too loud to ignore.” (http://time.com/4606071/american-global-leadership-is-over/)
- Ellen White: “The present is a time of overwhelming interest to all living. Rulers and statesmen, men who occupy positions of trust and authority, thinking men and women of all classes, have their attention fixed upon the events taking place about us. They are watching the strained, restless relations that exist among the nations. They observe the intensity that is taking possession of every earthly element, and they recognize that something great and decisive is about to take place—that the world is on the verge of a stupendous crisis.” (Education 179)
- “Angels are now restraining the winds of strife, that they may not blow until the world shall be warned of its coming doom; but a storm is gathering, ready to burst upon the earth; and when God shall bid His angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of strife as no pen can picture.” (Education 179-180)
- The Faith of Jesus
- Luke 18:8—“‘When the Son of Man comes, will He find on the earth?’”
- 1 John 5:4—“For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our .”
- John 16:33—“‘I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have the world.’”
- Hebrews 2:10-13—“‘I will put My in Him.’” (v 13)
- Revelation 14:12 NKJV—“Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the of Jesus.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:57—“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Galatians 2:20 KJV—“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in : and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
- Revelation 3:21—“‘To the one who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on my throne, I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.’”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 149: “All that Christ received from God we too may . Then ask and receive. With the persevering faith of Jacob, with the unyielding persistence of Elijah, claim for yourself all that God has promised.”
- Remember—when God speaks a word—the instant He speaks the word—the word immediately creates the reality it represents.
- So “Let there be faith” immediately creates faith.
- “God has granted to everyone a measure of faith.” (Romans 12:3)
- “‘Have faith in God.’” (Mark 11:22)
Say AMEN to the “faith of Jesus”
Adult Sabbath School teachers or group representatives may pick up lesson quarterlies on behalf of their Sabbath on-duty leaders or Sabbath School group on June 11, 17, and 24 from the Welcome Center. Adult Sabbath School materials are also available for free online via: http://ssnet.org/study-guides.
For questions or to submit Sabbath School information for the first time, contact:
Janna Quetz or Pastor Sabine via firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 471-3133.
The Natural Remedies & Hydrotherapy workshop scheduled for August 6-11 at Andrews University has been rescheduled for spring 2018. Details will be provided as they become available.
For more information, email email@example.com.
The PMC Youth Mission Team in partnership with the Department of Religion is currently conducting 9 campaigns in Honduras. Led by Erhard Gallos and Glenn Russell, the team of 23 includes students who are preaching each evening, visiting those who are attending, and presenting education seminars. It is difficult and challenging work but God is doing amazing things and lives are being changed for eternity. Numerous families have been reconciled and some couples who were co-habitating, have married and been baptized. A local TV station is broadcasting the campaign each night. Local Honduran Bible workers have prepared for the campaigns and will follow up interests. Thank you for your prayers.
Making your own herbal remedies at home is easier than you think. Come see us demonstrate how to make herbal teas and create herbal salves, learn how herbs can replace supplements, how to combine herbs for increased energy, use herbs to help sleep, discover how herbs can reduce pain, and much more. All are welcome!
May 21, 2:00 - 5:00 PM
Location: Village SDA Church
You will find inspiration as you learn how God guides through trial and leads to greater opportunity than imagined. Brad Jolly with Cathie by his side opened and developed our SDA work in Mongolia from 1991 untill his death in 1998. Cathie returned to Mongolia with Curtis joining in ministry to initiate a youth training center. It appeared as though the enemy would succeed in closing this vital project, but learn how God opens doors for greater ministry when the enemy attacks.
May 27, 4:00 PM
Location: PMC Youth Chapel