The Tai Chi class that meets in the James White Library on Wednesdays at 4:30 will be suspended until April 16. It will resume on April 17.
Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark - 2
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online Buy series
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“STORM: Finding Jesus in the Gathering Dark”—2
- The Storm
- Ian Bremmer: “The international order itself is unraveling. In the past eight years alone, the world has seen the worst financial crisis in decades, a global recession, a historic debt crisis in the euro zone, a wave of unrest across North Africa and the Middle East, civil war in Syria, a migrant crisis that calls into question the future of Europe’s open borders, war between Russia and Ukraine, Brexit, an explosion of cyber aggression and the election as U.S. President of one Donald Trump. Call it geopolitical creative destruction or just the sound of things falling apart, but the grinding of G-zero gears has become too loud to ignore.” (http://time.com/4606071/american-global-leadership-is-over/)
- Ellen White: “The present is a time of overwhelming interest to all living. Rulers and statesmen, men who occupy positions of trust and authority, thinking men and women of all classes, have their attention fixed upon the events taking place about us. They are watching the strained, restless relations that exist among the nations. They observe the intensity that is taking possession of every earthly element, and they recognize that something great and decisive is about to take place—that the world is on the verge of a stupendous crisis.” (Education 179)
- “Angels are now restraining the winds of strife, that they may not blow until the world shall be warned of its coming doom; but a storm is gathering, ready to burst upon the earth; and when God shall bid His angels loose the winds, there will be such a scene of strife as no pen can picture.” (Education 179-180)
- The Faith of Jesus
- Luke 18:8—“‘When the Son of Man comes, will He find on the earth?’”
- 1 John 5:4—“For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our .”
- John 16:33—“‘I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have the world.’”
- Hebrews 2:10-13—“‘I will put My in Him.’” (v 13)
- Revelation 14:12 NKJV—“Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the of Jesus.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:57—“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Galatians 2:20 KJV—“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in : and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”
- Revelation 3:21—“‘To the one who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on my throne, I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.’”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 149: “All that Christ received from God we too may . Then ask and receive. With the persevering faith of Jacob, with the unyielding persistence of Elijah, claim for yourself all that God has promised.”
- Remember—when God speaks a word—the instant He speaks the word—the word immediately creates the reality it represents.
- So “Let there be faith” immediately creates faith.
- “God has granted to everyone a measure of faith.” (Romans 12:3)
- “‘Have faith in God.’” (Mark 11:22)
Say AMEN to the “faith of Jesus”
Pioneer Memorial Church is pleased to announce the beginning of its renovation project! You will soon start to see construction traffic and work being done to our roof. Our goal is to complete the project by the start of the fall school semester. In order to accomplish this our timeline needed to be adjusted. Starting Monday, March 25, scaffolding will begin to be assembled on the north and south sides of the church. Roof work will begin on or around April 1 along with adjustments to interior lighting. For your safety, please observe all posted signage related to construction areas. For the most updated information regarding construction, safety, and use of the church, please go to www.pmchurch.org/renovate/updates . If your question isn’t answered there, you may also email email@example.com or call the church office at (269)471-3133.
University Wellness will be having its 4th Annual Wellness Fest right after Spring Break! (March 25 - 29) You will not want to miss it! It will be a week packed with activities such as therapy dogs, pop-up food booths, pop-up workouts, a fit flash, a plank challenge and so much more! Be a part of making Andrews the healthiest University in the world!
This event is one of the highlights of the year for our campus and community. Each year we have about 5000 or more visitors who attend. There will be about 20 international clubs and organizations participating as vendors, and there will be a large variety of food. Purchase your tickets for food at the entrance of the Johnson Gymnasium. Come experience the celebration of food from around the world.
April 13, 12:00 - 7:00 PM
Location: Johnson Gym
Tickets are now available at the Howard Center Box Office or online. Free Admission but tickets are required. The United States Air Force Band of Mid-America Concert Band represents the professionalism and excellence found every day throughout the Air Force. This diverse, 45-piece ensemble's repertoire ranges from symphonic band masterworks to traditional marches, to modern compositions, to pops and jazz. During a concert, you are likely to hear stirring works from contemporary composers as well as the familiar sounds of John Philip Sousa or Major Glenn Miller. The band also features a talented vocal soloist, performing a wide variety of popular, classical and patriotic selections.
April 8, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
Experience the thrilling story of Jesus—a staged storytelling of the entire Gospel of Mark returns to South Bend. Save the date and invite your friends and family to experience Jesus. Free admission. It will be held at South Bend First SDA Church, 1936 Altgeld Street, South Bend, IN.
April 13, 5:00 PM
Location: South Bend First SDA Church
Ten years ago Sidewalk Prophets released their first album "These Simple Truths." The songs from that album have dramatically impacted their ministry and their lives resulting in their ability to travel the world, meet amazing people, and hear powerful stories. They have been able to see Christ at work in so many ways. Today, Sidewalk Prophets wants to take those miles on the road and the stories they have heard and compiled and share them with you. Sidewalk Prophets is bringing their "These Simple Truths Tour" to Berrien Springs, Michigan. Help us spread the word! It is going to be an incredible experience!
April 28, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
The Pioneer Traffic Team is in need of volunteers to commit one Sabbath a month to help with the flow of traffic during Sabbath services. If interested or for more information, call or text (732) 379-1300.
Kindergarten Parent Night at RMES
Come meet Mrs. Curnutt and check out the developmental, hands-on program. Get a $50 coupon for tuition credit. Enjoy refreshments & meet other parents.
April 2, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Location: Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
Kindergarten Visitor's Day at RMES
There will be singing & worship, crafts & stories, P.E. & music classes, play in some of 20+ centers and have outdoor play time.
April 3, 8:15 - 11:30 AM
Location: Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
Call (269) 471-3225 to register.
We need an individual willing to volunteer 8-10 hours per week to keep the WIN! Wellness web site updated. If you are interested or need to ask questions, please contact Candice at the email provided. Please make application to John Youngberg and Candice Hollingsead at the following email address. Tell us why you are interested and what skills you can bring to the task.
Contact: Candice Hollingsead - firstname.lastname@example.org