The PMC office will be closed on Friday, May 26 and Monday, May 29, for the Memorial Day holiday. We will be open at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, May 30, and look forward to serving you.
If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What's Going 2 Happen 2 the USA
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
#RxF4Now—If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What’s Going 2 Happen 2 the USA?
- Elijah Mvundura: “Primal passions: fear, egoism, anger, and hatred, the kind that Mussolini and Hitler exploited and mobilized, are once again potent factors in the politics of Western democracies. Driving these passions is the same disillusionment with liberal democracy, the same gnawing sense of overwhelming crisis that things are falling apart and the center cannot hold. The parallels with Europe in the 1920s are ominously striking.” “. . . not only do we have a thoroughly interconnected and interdependent global economy—social media connects people globally, which allows them to speak with one voice. Now imagine a catastrophic global economic collapse against a background of social unrest, radical jihadist and anarchist violence, hordes of extremists inflaming passions and speeches, blogs or tweets of demagogues going viral; and new totalitarianisms become conceivable. As a matter of fact, democracy has been in retreat worldwide. This drift toward authoritarianism brings to mind Christ’s words, ‘If people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?’” (Liberty May/June 2016 p 6)
- Premise #1—God is in —He .
- Daniel 2:19-22
- Portrayal of God #1—He is the ultimate .
- Desire of Ages: “But like the stars in the vast circuit of their appointed path, God’s purposes know no haste and no delay.” (32)
- Portrayal of God #2—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #3—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #4—He is the ultimate .
- Review and Herald 8-5-1902: “Those who place themselves under God’s control, to be led and guided by Him, will catch the steady trend of events ordained by Him to take place.”
- Premise #2—God’s purpose in Earth politics is always to display His as revealed in His who carry out His .
- Daniel 2:46, 47
- Daniel 3:28, 29
- Daniel 4:37
- Daniel 5:22
- Daniel 6:26, 27
- Premise #3—God expects political leaders—no matter their religious persuasion (or the lack thereof)—to abide by the principles of .
- Proverbs 14:34—“[right-doing] exalts a nation, but [wrong-doing] condemns any people.”
- Proverbs 16:12—“Kings detest wrongdoing, for a throne is established through [right-doing].”
- Proverbs 20:28—“and faithfulness keep a king safe; through his throne is made secure.”
- Proverbs 24:11-12 The Message: “Rescue the perishing; don’t hesitate to step in and help. If you say, ‘Hey, that’s none of my business,’ will that get you off the hook? Someone is watching you closely, you know—someone not impressed with weak excuses.”
- “The Lord has done more for the United States than for any other country upon which the sun shines. Here He provided an asylum for His people, where they could worship Him according to the dictates of conscience. Here Christianity has progressed in its purity.” (Maranatha 193)
- “The Bible was held as the foundation of faith, the source of wisdom, and the charter of liberty. Its principles were diligently taught in the home, in the school, and in the church, and its fruits were manifest in thrift, intelligence, purity, and temperance. . . . It was demonstrated that the principles of the Bible are the surest safeguards of national greatness.” (Great Controversy 296)
- “As nations forget God, in like proportion they become weak morally. . . . It is sin that is ruining nations today. . . . A disregard for God’s law has brought the sure result.” (Character Sketches from the Life of Daniel 45)
- 5T 713
“Once to every man and nation
comes the moment to decide,
in the strife of truth with falsehood,
for the good or evil side.”
—James Russell Lowell
Adult Sabbath School teachers or group representatives may pick up lesson quarterlies on behalf of their Sabbath on-duty leaders or Sabbath School group on June 11, 17, and 24 from the Welcome Center. Adult Sabbath School materials are also available for free online via: http://ssnet.org/study-guides.
For questions or to submit Sabbath School information for the first time, contact:
Janna Quetz or Pastor Sabine via email@example.com or (269) 471-3133.
The Natural Remedies & Hydrotherapy workshop scheduled for August 6-11 at Andrews University has been rescheduled for spring 2018. Details will be provided as they become available.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PMC Youth Mission Team in partnership with the Department of Religion is currently conducting 9 campaigns in Honduras. Led by Erhard Gallos and Glenn Russell, the team of 23 includes students who are preaching each evening, visiting those who are attending, and presenting education seminars. It is difficult and challenging work but God is doing amazing things and lives are being changed for eternity. Numerous families have been reconciled and some couples who were co-habitating, have married and been baptized. A local TV station is broadcasting the campaign each night. Local Honduran Bible workers have prepared for the campaigns and will follow up interests. Thank you for your prayers.
Making your own herbal remedies at home is easier than you think. Come see us demonstrate how to make herbal teas and create herbal salves, learn how herbs can replace supplements, how to combine herbs for increased energy, use herbs to help sleep, discover how herbs can reduce pain, and much more. All are welcome!
May 21, 2:00 - 5:00 PM
Location: Village SDA Church
You will find inspiration as you learn how God guides through trial and leads to greater opportunity than imagined. Brad Jolly with Cathie by his side opened and developed our SDA work in Mongolia from 1991 untill his death in 1998. Cathie returned to Mongolia with Curtis joining in ministry to initiate a youth training center. It appeared as though the enemy would succeed in closing this vital project, but learn how God opens doors for greater ministry when the enemy attacks.
May 27, 4:00 PM
Location: PMC Youth Chapel