Every year the local Adventist churches host the Health Tent at the Berrien County Youth Fair. Thousands of people visit during Fair Week (August 14-19 this year) to learn about healthful living. You can be part of it! Sign up for a time slot (or more) at www.HealthTent.org. Learn more about the new format for the Health Tent on that site, and also how you can support it with your donations.
If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What's Going 2 Happen 2 the USA
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
#RxF4Now—If 'Righteousness Exalts a Nation,' What’s Going 2 Happen 2 the USA?
- Elijah Mvundura: “Primal passions: fear, egoism, anger, and hatred, the kind that Mussolini and Hitler exploited and mobilized, are once again potent factors in the politics of Western democracies. Driving these passions is the same disillusionment with liberal democracy, the same gnawing sense of overwhelming crisis that things are falling apart and the center cannot hold. The parallels with Europe in the 1920s are ominously striking.” “. . . not only do we have a thoroughly interconnected and interdependent global economy—social media connects people globally, which allows them to speak with one voice. Now imagine a catastrophic global economic collapse against a background of social unrest, radical jihadist and anarchist violence, hordes of extremists inflaming passions and speeches, blogs or tweets of demagogues going viral; and new totalitarianisms become conceivable. As a matter of fact, democracy has been in retreat worldwide. This drift toward authoritarianism brings to mind Christ’s words, ‘If people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?’” (Liberty May/June 2016 p 6)
- Premise #1—God is in —He .
- Daniel 2:19-22
- Portrayal of God #1—He is the ultimate .
- Desire of Ages: “But like the stars in the vast circuit of their appointed path, God’s purposes know no haste and no delay.” (32)
- Portrayal of God #2—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #3—He is the ultimate .
- Portrayal of God #4—He is the ultimate .
- Review and Herald 8-5-1902: “Those who place themselves under God’s control, to be led and guided by Him, will catch the steady trend of events ordained by Him to take place.”
- Premise #2—God’s purpose in Earth politics is always to display His as revealed in His who carry out His .
- Daniel 2:46, 47
- Daniel 3:28, 29
- Daniel 4:37
- Daniel 5:22
- Daniel 6:26, 27
- Premise #3—God expects political leaders—no matter their religious persuasion (or the lack thereof)—to abide by the principles of .
- Proverbs 14:34—“[right-doing] exalts a nation, but [wrong-doing] condemns any people.”
- Proverbs 16:12—“Kings detest wrongdoing, for a throne is established through [right-doing].”
- Proverbs 20:28—“and faithfulness keep a king safe; through his throne is made secure.”
- Proverbs 24:11-12 The Message: “Rescue the perishing; don’t hesitate to step in and help. If you say, ‘Hey, that’s none of my business,’ will that get you off the hook? Someone is watching you closely, you know—someone not impressed with weak excuses.”
- “The Lord has done more for the United States than for any other country upon which the sun shines. Here He provided an asylum for His people, where they could worship Him according to the dictates of conscience. Here Christianity has progressed in its purity.” (Maranatha 193)
- “The Bible was held as the foundation of faith, the source of wisdom, and the charter of liberty. Its principles were diligently taught in the home, in the school, and in the church, and its fruits were manifest in thrift, intelligence, purity, and temperance. . . . It was demonstrated that the principles of the Bible are the surest safeguards of national greatness.” (Great Controversy 296)
- “As nations forget God, in like proportion they become weak morally. . . . It is sin that is ruining nations today. . . . A disregard for God’s law has brought the sure result.” (Character Sketches from the Life of Daniel 45)
- 5T 713
“Once to every man and nation
comes the moment to decide,
in the strife of truth with falsehood,
for the good or evil side.”
—James Russell Lowell
The annual District 9 Family Camp is just around the corner! Applications are available online at http://districtnine.wix. com/ or at the PMC receptionist’s desk for those who are unable to obtain them online. Completed applications may be submitted to Claudia Sowler beginning at noon on July 23. Reservations must be made by noon on Sunday, August 13. For questions, please contact Ric Streelman at 269.208.7172. Make your reservations as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing you there where you will be physically and spiritually blessed!
September 1-4 Camp Au Sable
Parents, volunteers, and supporters are invited to join us as we beautify our building and grounds for the new school year.
JULY 30, 8:00 AM-3:00 PM
Ruth Murdoch Elementary School
The Family Life and Safety Committees invite you to join us today, following the 11:45 AM service, outside on the lawn for a brief time of fellowship. Cookies and juice will be provided.
Life Line Screening will be at Village Seventh-day Adventist Church on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 offering safe, painless, non-invasive preventive health screenings that are typically not a part of a routine physical. For only $139 (regularly $149) you can learn your risk of having stroke or vascular disease. visit www.lifelinescreening.com/communitycircle or call toll-free 866-229-0469 or text the word circle to 797979 There is no time like the present to take action!
The family of Gunter Koch invite you to attend a funeral service to be held at the Seminary Chapel on the campus of Andrews University on Monday, July 17, at 11 a.m. Visitation with the family and viewing will be one hour before the service at 10 am, also at the Seminary Chapel. A full life sketch is available at http://www.allredfuneralhome.com. Thank you for remembering the family and friends in your prayers as we grieve this loss.
Gunter W. Koch
Born November 25, 1924
Died July 8, 2017
The PMC Greeter Team needs you with your warm smile and friendly "Welcome" to serve as a greeter. You are the first introduction to our worship on Sabbath. We have many openings. Contact Bonnie Perry by phone, text or e-mail (269.473.1005; 312.953.5871; email@example.com.
Have you ever wanted to learn how to forge something the old-fashioned way? Join us from 11 AM to 3 PM for the blacksmithing honor. A fee for materials will be collected before we start. If interested contact Henry Davis at 574.274.0633.
July 16, 2017 • 11:00 AM BLACKSMITH SHOP (1839 COURTHOUSE SQUARE)