Adult Sabbath School teachers, you may pick up next quarters Sabbath School lesson quarterly for your class at the lower level Welcome Center beginning today. If you are a member of PMC and not a member of a Sabbath School class, you may pick up no more than two quarterlies. Please complete the sign-out sheet if you are not a class member.
The Pugwash Factor:
How to Turn Mission into Possible
DVDsTo purchase a DVD of this sermon please visit our online shopping cart. Proceeds go to support the New Perceptions media ministry.
Buy DVD Online
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and one granddaughter.
More In This Series
“The Pugwash Factor: How to Turn Mission into Possible”
- The Mission: Matthew 28:18-20/Mark 16:15/Luke 24:46, 47/John 20:21/Acts 1:8
- The Gospel: Euangellion = eu (good) + angellion (message) = “good message” “good news”
- Ellen White: “The message from God to me for you is ‘Him that cometh unto me, I will in no wise cast out’ (John 6:37). If you have nothing else to plead before God but this one promise from your Lord and Saviour, you have the assurance that you will never, never be turned away. It may seem to you that you are hanging upon a single promise, but appropriate that one promise, and it will open to you the whole treasure house of the riches of the grace of Christ. Cling to that promise and you are safe. . . . and you are as safe as though inside the city of God.” (Manuscript Releases 10:175)
- 7 Reasons for Your Life Mission:
- Reason #1—Because you were for mission.
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 TEV: “Christ changed us from enemies into his friends and gave us the of making others his friends also.”
- Steps to Christ 78: “No sooner does one come to Christ than there is born in his heart a desire to to others what a precious friend he has found in Jesus; the saving and sanctifying truth cannot be shut up in his heart. . . . We shall seek to present to them the attractions of Christ and the unseen realities of the world to come.”
- Reason #2—Because your mission is a of Jesus’ mission on earth.
- Matthew 28:19-20 Message: “Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life. . . . I’ll be as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age.”
- Desire of Ages 340: “It is in working to spread the good news of salvation that we are brought near to the .”
- Reason #3—Because your mission is a wonderful .
- 2 Corinthians 6:1—“We are workers together with .”
- Testimonies to the Church 9:102-103: “As I have thought of that cup trembling in the hands of Christ [in Gethsemane]; as I have realized that He might have refused to drink, and left the world to perish in its sin, I have pledged that every energy of my life should be devoted to the work of to Him.”
- Reason #4—Because telling others how they can have eternal life is the you can do for them.
- Acts 4:12 NCV—“Jesus is the who can save people.”
- Desire of Ages 568: “Jesus knows the circumstances of every soul. You may say, I am sinful, very sinful. You may be; but the worse you are, the more you need Jesus. He turns no weeping, contrite one away. He does not tell to any all that He might reveal, but He bids every trembling soul take courage. Freely will He pardon who come to Him for forgiveness and restoration.”
- Reason #5—Because your mission has significance.
- John 9:4 NLT—“All of us must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent me, because there is little time left before the night falls and all work comes to .”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 197: “In this work all the of heaven are ready to co-operate. All the resources of heaven are at the command of those who are seeking to save the lost. will help you to reach the most careless and the most hardened.”
- Reason #6—Because your mission gives your life .
- Acts 20:24 NLT—“My life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work to me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about God’s wonderful kindness and love.”
- Christ’s Object Lessons 419: “It is the of every soul to be a living channel through which God can communicate to the world the treasures of His grace, the unsearchable riches of Christ.”
- Reason #7—Because God’s timetable for history’s is connected to the completion of our commission.
- Matthew 24:14 NKJV—“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then will come.”
- Desire of Ages 634: “Those who watch for the Lord’s coming are not waiting in idle expectancy. . . . With vigilant watching they combine earnest working. Because they know that the Lord the door, their zeal is quickened to co-operate with the divine intelligences in working for the salvation of souls.”
- Reason #1—Because you were for mission.
The mission in your life is to fullfill your life mission.
Christmas Eve at PMC: The Gift. The Christmas story of God's gift to humanity, for all ages.
December 15, 5:00 PM
Location: PMC Sanctuary
Start the New Year right! Come and enjoy PMC’s 10 Days of Prayer from January 1-10 in the Youngberg home, 4731 Greenfield Drive in Berrien Springs, MI. This is the 29th consecutive year. Each session begins at 6:00 PM. We will be praying for your requests and for an abundant outpouring of the Latter Rain. There will be special handouts for attendees each session. Bring your Bible.
The topics are:
- Jan. 1 “For Such a Time as This”
- Jan. 2 “My Sheep Hear My Voice”
- Jan. 3 “Faith is the Victory”
- Jan. 4 “His Name Shall Be Called WONDERFUL”
- Jan. 5 “Toning up my Flabby Spiritual Muscles”
- Jan. 6 “Snacking on Spiritual Food or Enjoying a Full Course Meal?”
- Jan. 7 “Exceedingly Abundantly Above All that We ASK or Think”
- Jan. 8 “And the Earth Was Illuminated with His Glory”
- Jan. 9 “These Follow the Lamb Wherever He Goes”
- Jan. 10 “You Are My Hiding Place”
January 1-10, 6:00 PM
Location: 4731 Greenfield Drive, Berrien Springs, MI
On behalf of the thirteen churches in southwestern Michigan, we’re delighted to host Pavel Goia, editor Ministry magazine and international prayer conference speaker, on Sabbath, January 5, 2019. Pastor Goia was featured significantly in Ron Clouzet’s Adventism’s Greatest Need because of a resurrection he and his wife sought and received from God. A man of bold prayer and intercession, Pastor Pavel is the right preacher to lead us into an uncertain New Year globally, nationally and even locally. He will preach in both the 9:00 AM and 11:45 AM services at Pioneer, and in between will preach in the Berrien Springs Spanish Church (10:30 AM). An afternoon district-wide prayer conference will follow here at Pioneer (3:00 PM). Mark your calendar, and let us discover how to make collective prayer our high priority in 2019.
January 5, 9:00 AM & 11:45 AM
Location: Pioneer Memorial Church
You are invited to an evening of popular Christmas music on Saturday, December 15, at 7:00pm at the Howard Performing Arts Center on the campus of Andrews University. Join us as we bring in the holidays with a variety of well-known Christmas songs including a grand finale played by the combined musical groups.
December 15, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
Please join us at the Howard Performing Arts Center for our annual Christmas programs. The Vocal Christmas program is 7:00 PM on December 18 and the Instrumental program is at 7:00 PM on December 19.
December 18 & 19
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
On Sunday, December 2, 2018 Dwight K. Nelson, Lead Pastor at Pioneer Memorial Church, took the pastoral team and their families on a Christmas excursion. Following a delightful meal, they headed to a nearby ice skating rink. The team is thankful for the time together!
Seasons cheer was in the crisp, cool air as the pastor's kids and the rest of the team circled around the rink. A few huddled on the sidelines while laughing, taking pictures, and waving through the merry gang of PMC skaters. Almost an hour after getting on the ice, Pastor Nelson incurred an injury to his right hip and right shoulder. Everyone is thankful that he did not hit his head on the ice.
The staff from the arena responded professionally, assessing the situation and calling for the paramedics. They even responded warmly to the suggestion from one of the other pastors. That suggestion was that along with the paramedics, they include a local marching band to escort him to a local hospital where he would get x-rays taken. (unfortunately, they were not available). On arriving at the hospital, they were received and attended with great care. Thank you to all who work in medical services for the professionalism and attentiveness you offer your patients.
As of December 3, Pastor Dwight went through his first successful surgery for his hip, and on December 5 he is scheduled to go into surgery again to attend to his shoulder. During this season we are reminded of many things, but today we are thankful that even through the disruptions this life brings God is watching over us. He is the Lead Physician and the Loving Shepherd.
We welcome your prayers and cards. We have set up a CaringBridge site (www.caringbridge.org/visit/dwightnelson) to read updates as they are made available and for you to leave your words of encouragement (we are not setting up a donation portal through CaringBridge). At the present time, we are asking for no-one to visit so that Pastor Dwight can have the necessary rest and recovery important in these early days post surgery. If you have care packages or cards, please feel free to deliver them to the church office. The pastoral staff will ensure they are delivered.
The Honduras mission team needs a used violin and children's recorders (or funds to buy some) for the children's home in Honduras. We want to share the joy of music with these precious children.
Contact: Glenn Russell - email@example.com
The funeral dinner team needs additional helpers to bring food and/or work in the kitchen. If you would like to assist in this way, please contact Pat Erhard at (260) 471-7366 or the church office at (269) 471-6565.