As a university church, we disciple AU students helping in every Sabbath School. During vacation months, substitute teachers and pianists are needed, May through August, and December, each year. Experience God through the eyes of a child by making a Sabbath School small group part of your summer adventure this year. Sign up today!
I Will Do a New Thing
The Purpose: I Will Do a New Thing
SpeakerDwight K. Nelson
Since 1983, Dwight Nelson has served as lead pastor of the Pioneer Memorial Church on the campus of Andrews University. He preaches on the “New Perceptions” telecast, teaches at the theological seminary and has written some books, including The Chosen. He and his wife, Karen, are blessed with two married children and 2 granddaughters.
More In This Series
“The Purpose: ‘I Will Do a New Thing’”
□ A Text Message and a Story
- The story of Pavel—Ron Clouzet, Adventism’s Greatest Need: The Outpouring of the Holy Spirit
- 3 Key Ingredients to Transformational Revival:
□ Isaiah 43:19, 44:3
God’s “new thing”: “I will pour out My on your .”
□ Isaiah 62:6, 7
- New Living Translation: “O Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen on your walls; they will pray to the LORD day and night for the fulfillment of his promises. Take no , all you who pray. Give the LORD no until he makes Jerusalem the object of praise throughout the earth.”
The Voice: “Tirelessly God—give Him no rest—until He reestablishes Jerusalem and makes it worthy of praise throughout the whole world.”
- “Jerusalem” = Zion = people of God OT = church NT “called out ones”
- “Watchmen” = people who make an extraordinary commitment to pray on behalf of the community of faith = intercessors of the first degree = anonymous and often unrecognized = who demonstrate before God a D-U-E uncommon but not unrewarded = for God names them as the spiritual sentinels of His people.
- But we cannot defer to them our own divine calling to experience D-U-E.
Mark Batterson: “Desperate times call for desperate measures, and there is no more
desperate act than praying . There comes a moment when you need to throw caution to the wind and draw a circle in the sand. There comes a moment when you need to defy protocol, drop to your knees, and pray for the . There comes a moment when you need to muster every ounce of faith you have and call down from heaven.” (The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears 84)
- Thus our “preseason of prayer” counting down to the new year on this campus.
- Christ’s Object Lessons: “ [D-U-E] for the Holy Spirit. God stands back of every promise He has made [Isaiah 43:19; 44:3]. With your Bible in your hands say, I have done as Thou hast said. I present Thy promise, ‘Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.’ . . . When with earnestness and intensity [D-U-E] we breathe a prayer in the name of Christ, there is in that very intensity a pledge from God that He is about to answer our prayer ‘exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.’ Ephesians 3:20.” (147)
- BONUS PROMISE: “The more earnestly and steadfastly we ask, the will be our spiritual union with Christ. We shall receive increased blessings because we have increased faith.” (Christ’s Object Lessons 146)
- The story of James A. Stewart and a revival in Europe
Will you join me in D-U-E praying in this preseason of prayer?
Isn’t D-U-E due now?
Would you like an amazing summer opportunity to grow in your faith and make new friends at the same time? How about leading a GROW group? A GROW group is a small group that’s based on interest. Groups consist of 12-15 people and they meet for 10-12 weeks in convenient locations around the area. There are outdoor groups, activity groups, Mom groups, singles groups, Bible study groups—or something else entirely. You choose! In addition, you won’t be left on your own. We have a team in place to help coach and support you as you lead. To register to lead a group go to pmchurch.org/grow and click “Lead a Summer Group.” Or for more information feel free to contact me, Rodlie Ortiz, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Brianna Martin at email@example.com. Leader registrations will remain open until May 3rd at noon.
Students' finals week is coming very soon. PMC is scheduled to have the Soup for Students again on April 30, Tuesday. We need at least 30 people to commit to a pot of soup. You may also donate cookies and bread. Volunteers during and after the event are also needed. Please call Lailane Legoh at (269) 471-6565 by April 29, Tuesday, if you are willing to make a difference in this way. Thank you very much.
We're eager to hear about your family's experience with PMC Sabbath Schools. Whether your kids are 2, 22, or 52, completing this short survey will help us plan for children and family discipleship. Click the link below or type tinyurl.com/pmcparent1 into a browser, and fill in the online form today. Thank you!
This quarter the Bible Journey Sabbath School class will be studying 13 great prayers of the Bible. Our daily study will be guided by a template prepared by Seminary professor Teresa Reeve, one of our class’s teachers. As we learn how people in the Bible prayed and how God responded, we will also be learning better ourselves how to pray and how to use sound principles of exegesis for Bible study. If you are new to PMC or if you do not have a regular Sabbath School class, we invite you to join us each Sabbath from 10:30 to 11:30. To obtain a study guide, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabbaths, 10:30 - 11:30 AM
Location: Nethery Hall, Room 143
Do you have some experience giving Bible studies? Do you feel like God is looking for you to take the next step in your journey with evangelism? We’re looking for someone to help coordinate Bible study interests. If you’re open to hearing more, please contact Rodlie Ortiz at email@example.com.
Pioneer Memorial Church is pleased to announce the beginning of its renovation project! You will soon start to see construction traffic and work being done to our roof. Our goal is to complete the project by the start of the fall school semester. In order to accomplish this our timeline needed to be adjusted. Roof work will begin on or around April 1 along with adjustments to interior lighting. For your safety, please observe all posted signage related to construction areas. For the most updated information regarding construction, safety, and use of the church, click the link below. If your question isn’t answered there, you may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at (269)471-3133.
University Wellness will be having its 4th Annual Wellness Fest right after Spring Break! (March 25 - 29) You will not want to miss it! It will be a week packed with activities such as therapy dogs, pop-up food booths, pop-up workouts, a fit flash, a plank challenge and so much more! Be a part of making Andrews the healthiest University in the world!
Ten years ago Sidewalk Prophets released their first album "These Simple Truths." The songs from that album have dramatically impacted their ministry and their lives resulting in their ability to travel the world, meet amazing people, and hear powerful stories. They have been able to see Christ at work in so many ways. Today, Sidewalk Prophets wants to take those miles on the road and the stories they have heard and compiled and share them with you. Sidewalk Prophets is bringing their "These Simple Truths Tour" to Berrien Springs, Michigan. Help us spread the word! It is going to be an incredible experience!
April 28, 7:00 PM
Location: Howard Performing Arts Center
This ministry provides hand-created items to the bereaved and seriously ill. We meet twice a month for fellowship and planning. Please consider joining us.
April 23, 7:00 PM
Location: MacCarty Residence (4541 Timberland Dr.)
Contact: Alice Williams - email@example.com | (269) 461-6815
Lyn MacCarty - (269) 471-9060 or (269) 208-3377